"OEM" Brand Synthetic - Princess Auto Canada

I've seen this brand on the shelves at Canadian Tire as a manufacturer-specific coolant, but never an engine oil. The oil is color coded for the grades, Dexos rated and SN-Plus. Not sure exactly what a "North American" oil is, but I'll be happily using this in my Japanese vehicles. The engine oil is not listed anywhere on their website. Distributed by Recochem, manufactured and packaged by Northland Products Company.

Attachments

• oil1.jpg
    oil1.jpg
    203.2 KB · Views: 95
  • oil2.jpg
    oil2.jpg
    196.9 KB · Views: 96
Recochem makes good stuff :)

They used to sell their coolant at Pep Boys in the US, but they stopped carrying it shortly before they went service-only. At the time, it was the only Asian coolant you could get in concentrate form anywhere. Peak's OET line wasn't out yet.

I saw these here in Winnipeg for the first time a month or two ago. Kind of a mystery oil with a well known coolant brand name. As long as it has the right certifications then it should be alright to use.

Supertech 5w30 just went from $19.97 to $24.88 for 5L here in Canada, so this oil could now be the lowest priced synthetic oil at $24.03 right now.

Reactions: JC1
I used their OEM brand coolant in my Jetta when changing the radiator and basically all the windshield washer fluid available here is made by them, but I wasn't aware Recochem made engine oils. Has Dexos and API stuff on the label, so seems pretty good for the price. Bottle design is kinda funky with its little fin or whatever that is.

Canadian Tire ‘kinda’ has this - they have OE Plus oils for ‘domestic’ vehicles; and one for ‘foreign’ vehicles in I think 5W-20 and 0W-20 grades. I don’t think it sells well bc I noticed it on clearance at my CT store.

Back