OE Hyundai cut open- boring pics inside

Status
Not open for further replies.
This the filter off of the Hyundai in my signature. It went about 1 year (two oci's) using QSUD 5w-30, each about 6-8k miles. Hard to say exactly the mileage as the odometer is non-op for now.

One thing that impressed me was the ADBV. That thing was still super pliable and sealing very well. If you look at the pic, you'll see a clean spot where the valve was pulled off of the end plate- not a drop of oil. It was all like that until I got some oil got on it.

These things sure are built well.

An overview:
20141112_172149_zpswgi7agae.jpg

The nice ADBV:
20141112_172156_zpshypwgfyg.jpg

Nothing but nice even pleats at the seam:
20141112_172213_zpszanqduot.jpg

More beautiful pleating:
20141112_172224_zpshky9dnlk.jpg

I use the Hyundai oil filter on my Honda CRV. The oil filter is heavy as heck and the canister doesn't flex when hand tightened.

I would put my logo on that filter also... Hyundai makes some good stuff...lol
That may be one of the best made filters i know of.

Looks well built ... wonder what the efficiency is.

Originally Posted By: ZeeOSix
Looks well built ... wonder what the efficiency is.

Good question.

I remember reading a thread from a couple years ago that suggested their efficiency wasn't the greatest. I think it was from a member who did multiple filter tests with particle counts and the OE Hyundai filter showed more debris floating around than others did.

That's one of the reasons I run these twice. Either way though, I'm not too worried about it.

One quality filter. Price is really low for such a well built filter. I would not put much faith in those efficiency claims. The pleats are uniform, no tears, metal endcaps, strong heavy duty metal canister, silicone adbv, polished metal instead of gray dull metal that looks like half recycled material. All for 4 bucks and it comes with drain plug washer.

I like the looks of the Hyundai OF construction, look well made, solid.

Only known efficiency spec I'm aware of is the one posted on their genuine filter promo yt vid, ~99>50um.

Thanks for the pics.

Best filter for a Hyundai or a Kia, and honestly, if I could by these Dongwoo made filters to fit my vehicles, I would.

Beautiful looking filter. Great shape considering the two OCI's.

The poster above mentioned using it on a Honda. It must have the same threads as a Puro 14610 or Fram 7317?

I came across a really well built filter for my subaru at RockAuto. I figured for under $3 I would buy a couple. It's a Denso, silcon ADBV, heavy little sucker, and Toyota style pleating/endcaps inside. Can't wait to cut one open next summer
wink.gif

Originally Posted By: webfors
....The poster above mentioned using it on a Honda. It must have the same threads as a Puro 14610 or Fram 7317?.....

Yep same threads, but is the equivalent of the larger diameter 3593A/14459 used on the majority pre 2001-02 Hondas, but will still fit many up to about 07-08.

As for mentioned Denso purchased at RA, while the box may indicate a similar construction to the OEM Denso made in Thailand (no endcaps), don't be surprised if it turns to be classic construction, ie., metal endcaps. The Denso First Time Fit (FTF) sold at RA and elsewhere show no endcaps on box, but when dissected have classic construction. Been shown here before with several Denso FTF filter dissections.

I just picked up a filter from the local dealer for a used Hyundai Accent I bought my grand-daughter. It indicates Mann+Hummel Korea on it. I agree it is a hefty filter for it's size. I had not noticed the Hyundai logo on the valve but looked in mine and there it is. It reminds me of the German mad Mann filter I use on my wife's VW.

I've cut about a half dozen or so of the Hyundai EOM filters (for 2010 2.4l) and each has always looked about the same as the first. Have not found any defect in any of them. So I continue to use them. Price is still affordable for a quality filter (watch out for the fakes).
Thanks for your cut posting

Good weight-size ratio

Last edited:
Originally Posted By: dlundblad
Looks great. How much were you able to get it for?

You know, to be perfectly honest, I can't remember. I bought 12 or 14 a couple years back from the dealer. I vaguely remember the price being more than anticipated, but that doesn't mean much.

Originally Posted By: dlundblad
Looks great. How much were you able to get it for?

Dealer charged me %6.15 for the filter.......however took me for $1.80 for the crush washer. I will get future crush washers somewhere else but the dealer is convenient enough to get the filters.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back