Odd packaging from Amsoil

Let me start by saying Amsoil made it right after an email to customer service.

Ordered 2 gal of ATF and 7 QT of SVG and bypass filter. Package came in an Amsoil box used to ship 12 QT of SVG. Can you guess the issue already?

You just cannot fit all of what I ordered in that box. The UPS label said 33 lbs. Water is 8 lbs a gallon and oil or ATF is not much different. I ordered 15 QTs plus filter so close to 4 gallons of weight so 33 lbs is about right. But the box was short 1 gallon and the box weighed more like 25 lbs.

Maybe the postage label is generated by what should be in the box rather than what the box actually weight.

The missing gallon arrived and now I can do or have done a change of the ATF, xfer and front and rear diff.

Old age creeping up, not as strong as I was and back aches. And Neapolitan Mastiff keeps hurting my shoulder by pulling too hard at times. I may limit my auto/truck to oil changes and brakes.

Let me start by saying Amsoil made it right after an email to customer service.

Ordered 2 gal of ATF and 7 QT of SVG and bypass filter. Package came in an Amsoil box used to ship 12 QT of SVG. Can you guess the issue already?

You just cannot fit all of what I ordered in that box. The UPS label said 33 lbs. Water is 8 lbs a gallon and oil or ATF is not much different. I ordered 15 QTs plus filter so close to 4 gallons of weight so 33 lbs is about right. But the box was short 1 gallon and the box weighed more like 25 lbs.

Maybe the postage label is generated by what should be in the box rather than what the box actually weight.

The missing gallon arrived and now I can do or have done a change of the ATF, xfer and front and rear diff.

Old age creeping up, not as strong as I was and back aches. And Neapolitan Mastiff keeps hurting my shoulder by pulling too hard at times. I may limit my auto/truck to oil changes and brakes.
Which DC did this ship out of?

Life happens but the quick response and fix are commendable. Good company.

I wish Amsoil would step into the 21st century and sell their motor oil in 5 qt containers like every other company.
If someone doesn't look close enough, they might compare the price of a "jug" of Amsoil with a "jug" of something else and it looks more competitive on pricing that way.

Back