Odd "New Post" Activity

Something I've noticed....

I'm not sure what is the reason but I have noticed something rather odd. Hitting new post button on the laptop or desktop does not show new posts in the firearm form. I tried it just now to make sure it wasn't me after I posted in the 9mm 21 round thread. My new post did not show up on either but it did show up on my cell phone (Android; usung Chrome). My desktop and laptop are also using Chrome. It was happening when I was on WIndows 10 and still is occurring on Windows 11.

I've zero evidence to say it could be nefarious so not going to entertain that. What could it be? Windows kinda thing? Could be on purpose or a setting? Maybe BITOG? But then why have a firearm forum at all and why does it show on my cell? Kinda confused over this one. Any thoughts or ideas?

No posts new enough when you checked ? New posts in other forums simply push others onto page 2, etc. I just checked and the last post on page 1 was from the firearm forum.

Yeah, could have been new posts in threads on pages 2, 3, etc. After you read all new posts you want in that forum, hit the "Mark read" button and it will basically set the whole forum to all threads and posts as being read. Then only new posts in threads in that forum will show up on page 1, and if you keep up on reading all the new posts then it should behave like you think it should.

“New posts” DOES show posts in the firearms forum, if they’re new enough.

“New posts“ applies to the entire forum. That’s a lot of activity.

I just saw your post in firearms by using “new posts”. The timing was right, and it was displayed, before getting buried under subsequent posts from the other 60+ sub forums.

I can't explain why it shows on the cell.

But if you are the last post or have read the tread it isn't new. So for instance this thread won't show as new for me until someone else post.

It's something on my end then. I'll try and figure it out. Odd one.

It's something on my end then. I'll try and figure it out. Odd one.
Try hitting the "Mark read" button after you've read all the threads in that forum that you want to read. That will make every thread in that forum as "read" ... so anything posted after that will show as new posts. If you then keep up on the reading, it should act as expected.

Back