OCI recommendations

First off, wondering what happened to my account. It had been about a year since I posted and my account was deleted. Just curious.

Anyway, I purchased a '06 Shelby Mustang GT-H 4.6 V8 last July '19. I had asked before on oil and filter ideas. I elected to go with Motorcraft synthetic blend and Motorcraft filter. I have changed the oil twice prior to today, when I first got it and again 6 months later. All total I drove it 3400 miles for the year.

Should I change it twice, 6 month interval, in a year with that mileage or is it overkill? And, is the Motorcraft best for my miles driven? Or should I go with a full synthetic and change it once a year? Right now total mileage on the car is 30,000.

Thanks

ERS

Any ideas on my deleted account?

You could do what you are doing for a year. If you are racing with it, I would consider full synthetic.

Definitely not racing. Just weekend pleasure driving. About 50/50 short trips, under 10 miles and longer trips total 50 miles.

First off, wondering what happened to my account. It had been about a year since I posted and my account was deleted. Just curious.

Anyway, I purchased a '06 Shelby Mustang GT-H 4.6 V8 last July '19. I had asked before on oil and filter ideas. I elected to go with Motorcraft synthetic blend and Motorcraft filter. I have changed the oil twice prior to today, when I first got it and again 6 months later. All total I drove it 3400 miles for the year.

Should I change it twice, 6 month interval, in a year with that mileage or is it overkill? And, is the Motorcraft best for my miles driven? Or should I go with a full synthetic and change it once a year? Right now total mileage on the car is 30,000.

Thanks

ERS

Any ideas on my deleted account?

The board migrated to another platform. I had to get Admin to fix mine so I could log in. Contact them.

The 3V will be perfectly happy on 5,000 mi or 12 months on any API certified 0W-20, 5W-20, 0W-30 or 5W-30 unless you do Track Events. Then I would use a 40 Grade minimum during events.

Last edited:
I'd keep using the oil and filter you are using and changing at 6 month intervals. Spring and Fall.
That car deserves the best of care! Overkill is "required." ;)

Back