OC Tomorrow

Status
Not open for further replies.
OC tomorrow morning. Going to get up early and not waste the day!

AMSOIL Signature Series SM 0W-20 and a Fram Ultra XG7317 are going in. Plan for a 10-12k run, plan to get through the fall/winter and change in March. This AMSOIL i bought off of matrass months ago, finally using it!

UKxeuCo.jpg

So far I like the Fram Ultra filters a lot. No problems whatsoever. I can get them cheaper than the Honda A01 OEM with AAP discount codes, they filter a bit better and I can rest well running them longer. What's not to like?

Going out... a FU and 5k worth of Castrol GTX 5W-20 with some PYB 5W-20 as makeup oil... probably only 1/2 of a quart worth. I'm not worried if I use a half quart over 5k miles.

I know I under utilized this FU but it was pretty cheap with an Edge 0W-20 + filter sale.

Also, I changed my PS fluid today. Pumped 4 fresh quarts through the system then topped off and added a 4oz bottle of Lubegard PS protectant. I try to do that every 30-40k.

Last edited:
Originally Posted By: thunderfog
I'm diggin' the Genessee in the background, myself...

Same here! Making me thirsty :^)

LOL about the Genessee. Was camping in lake george deciding between PBR and Genessee..I know im off topic but is the Genessee any good/better then PBR?

Genny is far superior to PBR and has a higher VI.
Not as good as Black Label, Blatz, Carlsberg, or Tennents Super.

Originally Posted By: Rolla07
LOL about the Genessee. Was camping in lake george deciding between PBR and Genessee..I know im off topic but is the Genessee any good/better then PBR?

Genesee is a great beer. I like regular Genny but am a huge fan of the Cream Ale. To be honest, and I don't know how this really came to be so widespread, but many have this preconceived notion that Cream Ale is horrible. Then I'll give someone one to try, and they're response usually is "Wow, this is Cream Ale, this isn't bad at all, this is pretty good."

Was driving out to Ithaca for work this past week and went through Auburn. Was very happy to drive near the building that has the Genesee Beer sign on top and see it!

Originally Posted By: Brybo86
This is the exact combo I just did on my accord
fram ultra and amsoil 0w20 SM flavor

What was your procedure for the ps flush?

I normally unhook the feed line from the power steering pump (higher than the reservoir) and put it into a can or small bottle, then move it down to dram the reservoir. Then I unhook the reservoir and clean it out real good.

Then I connect a good size funnel to the feed line of the PS pump and pour about 3-4 bottles of Honda/Acura PS fluid in the funnel. I connect the return line to an milk jug. I have someone start the car and watch the fluid turn clean and the funnel empty. I do this to minimize the amount of time the pump is without fluid.

I don't bother turning the wheel from lock to lock while doing this. Some may say that I'm not getting all of the fluid out... oh well. I'm doing this 30-40k, I think it'll be fine.

Then I re-connect the reservoir and hoses. Add the 4oz bottle of Lubegard PS protectant, then top off the reservoir. Then start it and top off as necessary.

If you run the pump without any fluid, you will get some whine and possibly some foamy fluid. That'll go away within seconds of having the system filled.

This video helps with visualizing the stuff, but I don't like how much he runs the pump dry, and especially how he goes lock to lock dry.

Last edited:
Originally Posted By: 901Memphis
Digging the Z77 Extreme mobo!

Thanks! It's a great board, been going since last December. This is a very solid ASRock board. They're probably my favorite manufacturer. I liked and still do like ASUS, but the last one being so flaky, and the premium price has steered me toward these guys for now.

No, it's maybe a snitch under PBR. But the Cream Ale is just God awful. We used to call them Genny Screamers
laugh.gif

Originally Posted By: Nickdfresh

No, it's maybe a snitch under PBR. But the Cream Ale is just God awful. We used to call them Genny Screamers
laugh.gif

Your loss!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back