Obligatory new ‘Yoda owner post

My Dad went in for service when the vehicle had 6,000 miles on it and asked for an oil change. The dealer refused and said it didn't need to be done until 1yr or 12,000 miles. My Dad said he would gladly pay for the oil change. The dealer again refused and said to come back at 1 year or 12,000 miles.
It would have been fun to take it to some other dealer for that 6000-mile oil change. Then the original dealer would see it on the service history (I am assuming) and realize the money they lost out on.

You can add your maintenance in yourself on the Toyota app. It’s what I do.
I wonder about that sometimes. I've had my 2021 WRX for ten months but it only has 1600 miles on it. I changed the oil early at 1000, and updated the website with the actual mileage, so for awhile it continued on "estimating" my current mileage based on when I did the oil change. Then at some point it reverted to an assumed 12,000 or so miles per year and I am getting all kinds of reminders via email and voice mail that I am overdur for an oil change. Which I am not. Currently, it thinks I should be up to about 10,000 miles.

Back