Oatman AZ?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Good restaurant in a ghost town ..???
crazy2.gif

I passed through Oatman on my Route 66 trip about ten years ago. If I remember correctly, Oatman was a small tourist trap. I don't think I had a meal there.

As far as ghost towns go, I love exploring the ones in gold country here up north. There's other neat stuff like abandoned mines and caves, some of which are open to the public. The Mercer Caves near Murphys are great without crowds. A tour is usually tow or three people and a guide (Must not go without a guide).

http://www.ghosttowns.com/states/ca/ca.html

Originally Posted By: moribundman
Which begs the question whether it's really a ghost town.
wink.gif

The presence of living corporeal humans doesn't mean that ghosts are not there ..nor that they don't call that town their residence.

I never thought anybody would take the term "ghost town" to literally mean a town inhabited by ghosts. Silly me, I just thought it was a poetic way of saying "no one lives there any longer" Congrats, G.A. Ghost Hunter.
wink.gif

Originally Posted By: oilyriser
Some parts of Detroit seem inhabited by zombies.

no wonder their cars are dead. Found on the road dead
grin2.gif

I never thought anybody would take the term "ghost town" to literally mean a town inhabited by ghosts. Silly me, I just thought it was a poetic way of saying "no one lives there any longer" Congrats, G.A. Ghost Hunter.
wink.gif

We must be precise here in America. You may use such nebulous and vague terms where you come from ...
48.gif

Centralia, PA, is home to worse things than zombies.
grin2.gif

I've been there. It's more bypassed and covered over/devoured town now more than anything. I think that they're trying to stop the creep of the fire by removing the surrounding fuel source. I traveled through there while it was still inhabited. They would have smoke stack vents on the sidewalks. Kinda reminded me of the "smudge pots" that acted as the blinking lights on construction barriers for the past 35-40 years or so.

Centralia would make a good backdrop for a zombie movie in some post apocalyptic thing. Smoldering ground everywhere...

If it only looked like Raccoon City and had hot militaristic chics with guns ....

Originally Posted By: oilyriser
Some parts of Detroit seem inhabited by zombies.

From Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia: A zombie is a mythical creature that appears in folklore and popular culture typically as a reanimated corpse or a mindless human being.

During my frequent visits to Detroit, I often wonder how many zombies reside here:

873743572_7c68b62867.jpg

Originally Posted By: Gary Allan
Centralia would make a good backdrop for a zombie movie in some post apocalyptic thing. Smoldering ground everywhere...

The Silent Hill games and movie were admittedly inspired by Centralia.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back