NZ All Blacks v USA Eagles

Status
Not open for further replies.
On NBC now, sell out crowd. I hope the US team puts up a bit of a fight, but I fear the All Blacks will make it a slaughter. Been a huge rugby fan for a long time, and I am torn since I have been a fan of the All Blacks since I dated a girl from New Zealand years ago.

In all honesty, I'm just looking for us to not get shut out.

Edit: nevermind
smile.gif

Last edited:
Ya, I am surprised the US even scored. I really need to buy some USA Rugby stuff, all of my rugby shirts are All Blacks and shirts from what is now Super Rugby.

Scores like that remind me of womens hockey games where US / Canada beat teams by double digits. At least we tried and I believe we can get better.

I'm surprised this thread hasn't been shut down - I had a post edited and a reprimand from the big chief for daring to mention the All Blacks, apparently it's a bad word on here.

I haven't seen the game yet, it was on a 2.00am, and I'm not staying up that late to watch a sure thing. I hope the US got something out of it, not just to see the best team in the world play, but an incentive to get out there and do it themselves.

I always root for New Zealand.

How can you help but like a team that begins the match with the Haka?!

I missed it thanks to work!
My girlfriend is from New Zealand and she is also a big rugby fan and All Blacks supporter.
I go for England or Australia so I'm gonna take a back seat on this game. Score wasn't too surprising to be honest! I hope the US follows the rest of the colonies and starts getting more into rugby, would be very good to see them join the boards!
smile.gif

The Eagles had 63% possession, and 64% territory, pity they couldn't do much with it. This was the first time Sonny Bill Williams has played for the All Blacks in 2 years - he's a code swapper, normally he plays Rugby League, but switches to Rugby Union for the World Cup. We don't care, he's just so good, and the girls love to watch him, so viewing numbers go up.

Originally Posted By: Silk
I'm surprised this thread hasn't been shut down - I had a post edited and a reprimand from the big chief for daring to mention the All Blacks, apparently it's a bad word on here.

Not sure why. The only time I have ever had an issue wearing an All Blacks shirt is from ignorant people who don't know who the All Blacks are.

The US played well considering they had a lot of possession. But as the commentators said, New Zealand players grow up with the game and play on instincts.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back