NXT or klasse AIO for polishing and protecting

Status
Not open for further replies.
I just did the clay bar on my 02 stang ( laser red) The paint is smooth as glass..and now I want to get rid or minimize those hair line scratches on the paint and preserve the newly clay bar finish at the same time. I have both the NXT Tech wax and the Klasse all in one, which of those two would work better?? thanks for any help

You need a polish, which is a mild abrasive, to level out the spiderwebbing and swirl marks.
It is difficult to do by hand, you need a dual action random orbital machine, or a rotary polisher BUT rotarys are only for the extremely experienced.
Meguires makes a compound called 'dual action compound polish'. It starts out medium aggressive and breaks down to a mild abrasive with use and heat generated by the friction of the dual action random orbiter machine.
Another rout you may take is to bring the car to a pro who has these these machines and compounds, and have them polish and buff out the car.

If you can, trade in that Klasse AIO for the Sealant Glaze, that way you can layer it, All In One cannot be, and neither can NXT.
To layer you must wait, at the very least, 24 hours between layers for the polymer coating to crosslink and cure.

As Tard mentioned, it's best to use a product designed for swirl removal. If you're doing this work by hand, try a swirl mark remover from 3M or Meguiars. It's a mild polish but works well. If you find you have deeper swirls, try Meguiars ScratchX or Mothers Scratch Remover on specific spots. Follow up those spots with the swirl mark remover.

As for the products you have, the NXT will do a better job of hiding (not removing) the swirls, as it's designed to do that. AIO is a great chemical-based paint cleaner that leaves an acrylic polymer protectant, but it doesn't do much to remove or hide swirls. Id try a test spot using NXT to see if it will do the job for you.

Another idea is to use a glaze to hide the swirls you see. Glazes are primarily fillers and oils and are used before waxes. 3M, Mothers and Meguiars all sell glazes at retail stores. Glazes can be hard to work with due to their high oil content but they do a good job of hiding light swirl marks. Follow up with the NXT and things should look good. Don't use glaze with AIO as the chemical cleaners in the AIO will remove the glaze layer you just applied.

I just did a clay bar followed up by NXT.I am really happy with the results.Man,the color of the paint really stood out after the NXT.

NXT won't last as long as Klasse.
DO get The Klasse Sealant Glaze.
Wash the car every day (unless it is garaged and not driven), dry and apply another layer of SG for 3 days running.
Its getting late in the season for doing this though.

Leave the cleaner/wax combo for your Yugo. I mean, how can a product both cleanses and protects at the same time?

For hairline scratch, the best product IMHO is 3M Imperial Hand Glaze,it is not aggressive so you can go over your paint several times without abrading your clearcoat. It fills the "valleys" and clips the "peaks" of your hairline scratches and restore the paint with oils for ultra smooth, glass like finish. After that top off with your favorite wax or and sealant(wax first then sealant) the best sealant IMHO is Black Fire Paint Sealant.

quote:

Originally posted by 'Tard:
You need a polish, which is a mild abrasive, to level out the spiderwebbing and swirl marks.
It is difficult to do by hand, you need a dual action random orbital machine, or a rotary polisher BUT rotarys are only for the extremely experienced.
Meguires makes a compound called 'dual action compound polish'. It starts out medium aggressive and breaks down to a mild abrasive with use and heat generated by the friction of the dual action random orbiter machine.
Another rout you may take is to bring the car to a pro who has these these machines and compounds, and have them polish and buff out the car.

If you can, trade in that Klasse AIO for the Sealant Glaze, that way you can layer it, All In One cannot be, and neither can NXT.
To layer you must wait, at the very least, 24 hours between layers for the polymer coating to crosslink and cure.

How do most of you take Klasse SG off? It is great stuff but I find it pretty difficult to remove.

NXT is a great glaze, for hiding swirls, top with a durable wax.

The Klasse products are going to show every swirl and scratch.

If i had to choose between NXT or Klasse AIO...hmmm tough call, on my vehicles it would be AIO, but on something with swirls NXT.

I know some say NXT doesn't last very long, but it sure has on all my three black vehicles. Wax them at least once a year and the water still beads up as if freshly waxed a year later.

In response to the statement "wax then sealent," an acrylic sealant wil not bond to a wax. You need to strip off the wax and start 'fresh' with acrylic sealants.

Klasse AIO and the High Gloss Sealant are awesome. I have a silver car, so can't comment on swirl removing capabilities. I would imagine as others have stated, a mild polish should help. You can top that off with Klasse AIO and then Klasse Gloss, or just the Gloss. However, as I mentioned above, once you apply a wax, the sealant will not bond to it. You will need to start from scratch when you want to apply the sealant again.

I got that from autopia.org

As far as NXT, I use the NXT wheel cleaner on my wheels and it works/lasts pretty good (~month).

Let me make a correction. If you are going to use Klasse SG, you should only use the Klasse AIO before applying the SG. I just found out the SG doesn't bond to well to some polishes, in my case Meguiar's #3 machine glaze (it's a polish). It has alot of oil, which prevent the sealant from bonding to the paint.

I don't want to see anyone waste all the time I did and find out it's not a durable combo.

I do not use wax on my silver Honda at all, only the Klasse twins. If I had a dark color, I might want to go with a good carnuba wax even knowing I would not get the durability of the sealant. I AIO twice to be sure everything is clean and that I did not miss anything, then three coats of SG (24 hours apart with each coat).

After washing I usually apply Menzernas High Gloss Acrylic Shield which is sort of a sealant and quick detailer combined. It provides a beautiul gloss and gives a bit of added protection.

Once in a while I will mix a homebrew quick detailer and use that. It consists of one part Klasse SG to three parts distilled water. I put it in a mister bottle (not a sprayer) and although it does not have as much cleaning power as some detailers, the shine it leaves is excellent. Plus , I am in effect putting on a bit more of my last step product, therefore prolonging the durability. Basically, I'm set for six months with this routine before I use the AIO again and start over.

Klasse is really the only way to go on light colored vehicles although I am anxious to try Jeff's Acrylic Jett (which I heard is about as durable as SG but easier to apply).

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back