Nuts

Peanuts, walnuts, almonds are good.
I imagine pecans are good but they've always been in pies I don't like. I detest that syrup in a pecan pie.
I think filberts are good too but I cannot remember.
I think hazelnuts might be good too but I've never had one. Hazelnut filling in European food items is not a favorite.

Peanuts, walnuts, almonds are good.
I imagine pecans are good but they've always been in pies I don't like. I detest that syrup in a pecan pie.
I think filberts are good too but I cannot remember.
I think hazelnuts might be good too but I've never had one. Hazelnut filling in European food items is not a favorite.
Pretty sure filberts and hazel nuts are the same thing. Mom called them hazel nuts and Dad always called them filberts.

Any really. Been eating way more almonds and cashews since finding out I have some high cholesterol. I can only take so many regular peanuts but I can eat pistachios/cashews/almonds all day long. Knowing how expensive they are keeps me at bay. Lightly salted is fine. I have been buying these on sale and they are very good...

One thing that some might not be aware of is that a peanut is not a nut. It's a legume. That said, it still has some of the health benefits of a true nut.
In fact, a recent Google news article pretty much rated natural (the kind you stir up) peanut butter as a health food!
My day usually starts with PB&J (grape or peach, no sugar) sprinkled generously with ground Turmeric.
Always have Cashews, Walnuts, Pistachios, and Pecans on hand.
For a special treat, Hazelnuts in the shell when I can find them. Not too easy these days.

Back