Nufinish Rapid Shine

This stuff gets two thumbs up. It is not a quick detailer. It is thick or has sem-solids(fine polish?) in it. You can feel it settled in the bottom of the spray bottle. Wash car and dry or don't. Shake bottle well. Spray on one area and work in with a soft cloth and then remove with a different one. Not saying its the "end all be all" but if you are pressed for time and/or want to touch up a finish It works well in my book. YMMV. It leaves a very slick surface behind and the gloss is GREAT! Several Youtubers have tested it much more in depth than me and give it a good rating as well. I will keep a bottle handy on my shelf from now on.

Never tried the spray bottle but the liquid and paste wax is my choice for weathered finishes. I'm not a detail expert nor do I want to be, it gets it shiny and stays that way, all I want.

Always liked the Nufinish look on any car I used it on. I just couldn't stand the inevitable staining that accompanied it. Does the spray also stain?

Edit: Just looked it up on the Nufinish web site and it claims to be "Safe on plastic trim, chrome and all painted surfaces".

I also watched a few videos and it looks good. Pretty much like TW Seal & Shine which I do like. I just did both of vehicles with Seal & Shine last week and was very happy with the outcomes.

I used this the other day on my 1983 Mercedes 240d and it worked really well. I will continue to use this. It also was less then 50% price of the ceramic spray's. I liked that it did not mark up my black on my bumpers. I just don't know how long it will last. Time will tell.

A trick to get the paste off of plastic is hide it instead, use a close matching color shoe polish wax (kiwi is what I've used) with a toothbrush. By the time that washes away, the nufinish is either stained that color or gone too. It's even more effective if you put that on before the nufinish, then can wash it all away. Do test in an inconspicuous area, some plastic gets horribly porous/crusty from long term sun exposure and anything you put on it, will mismatch the rest. If you don't want to use a colored wax, anything else coating the plastic ahead of time will still help to keep the nufinish from soaking into the pores.

Last edited:
Originally Posted by Dave9
A trick to get the paste off of plastic is hide it instead, use a close matching color shoe polish wax (kiwi is what I've used) with a toothbrush. By the time that washes away, the nufinish is either stained that color or gone too. It's even more effective if you put that on before the nufinish, then can wash it all away. Do test in an inconspicuous area, some plastic gets horribly porous/crusty from long term sun exposure and anything you put on it, will mismatch the rest. If you don't want to use a colored wax, anything else coating the plastic ahead of time will still help to keep the nufinish from soaking into the pores.

Paint thinner or mineral spirits for removal as well. On their web site.

Great idea though, will keep in mind since I don't have any other use for shoe polish.

Just did my 05 ION. Still looks like a 2 year old model.

When I was young and sloppy, I was always getting NF on the trim. Now that I've matured, I use care when applying and don't have that problem. :)) Ed

Back