Nufinish and the RV

Status
Not open for further replies.
Had 1/2 of bottle left over from probably 2009 maybe earlier or later so decided to use it. Took a bit of shaking it up first but seemed okay. Took 3-4 hours with everything.. feels like my arm's going to fall off! Think it came out ok. Going to wash it in a couple weeks after our trip to remove any of the left over haze, not too worried about. One thing for sure not going to complain if and when I do the cars! Complimentary shot.. yes the PO got a bit over zealous with the caulking gun.

31FF0DB9-F4FC-4CBB-BD1C-AFDF1C74E049_zpsagjhuqui.jpg

I have been pleased with wax as u dry by eagle. Easy on and if used right before a road trip, the bugs come off easier.

Last edited:
I use meguiars ultimate. More then pleased with it since our property is covered in trees all I have to do it grab the hose and rinse the car off and the tree sap comes off like magic..

Except the windshield but I don't wax that so that has to speak about its effectiveness.

Props to you for doing all of that by hand.

On a truck that big, I would be using CarPro Hydr02 or C.A.R. Products Speed Seal.

Nice looking rig. I had to study it a while before I could find the heavily caulked area, so no worries there, not very obvious at all from the pic.

Originally Posted By: 3800Series
I use meguiars ultimate. More then pleased with it since our property is covered in trees all I have to do it grab the hose and rinse the car off and the tree sap comes off like magic..

Except the windshield but I don't wax that so that has to speak about its effectiveness.

I use Meguiars Ultimate Liquid Wax, Spray Wax, and Wash/Wax shampoo, and never does tree sap just rinse off...never. What are you doing to get that result, I ask because I park under trees all the time (have too) and get tree sap on my car. Its always hard to remove.

Originally Posted By: spasm3
I have been pleased with wax as u dry by eagle. Easy on and if used right before a road trip, the bugs come off easier.

My bodyman turned me on to this product, and it really works well. I've found that I don't have to use much, either. Nice camper, BTW.

Originally Posted By: Silverado12

My bodyman turned me on to this product, and it really works well. I've found that I don't have to use much, either. Nice camper, BTW.

I also use Wax-As-U-Dry and have been forever. I will never stop using it as long as it's available.

Originally Posted By: SLCraig
Originally Posted By: Silverado12

I also use Wax-As-U-Dry and have been forever. I will never stop using it as long as it's available.

Not only do i use it on my camper, but i use it over the klasse sealant on my car. I wait 24 hours then wax as you dry on top and with each wash as it seems to help disperse and prevent water spots from my hard well water.

Last edited:
Originally Posted By: gregk24
Originally Posted By: 3800Series

I use Meguiars Ultimate Liquid Wax, Spray Wax, and Wash/Wax shampoo, and never does tree sap just rinse off...never. What are you doing to get that result, I ask because I park under trees all the time (have too) and get tree sap on my car. Its always hard to remove.

Long story short I normally stop off all the old wax.

Polish
Wax
Wax and then wipe it down good.

Every week I just rinse it off for 5-10 mins depending on my mood then dry it off and apply the ultimate quick wax spray.

Iv never had any problems I actually like the cherry scent it has.

I don't know what trees we have but if you have pine trees its a different story that stuff is like liquid metal..

I use the ultimate paste wax myself. I normally use a cheap buffer to apply it and let it dry. I feel the paste lasts longer.

Also I live on the gulf coast it rains very often here. Idk if that helps or not but thought I would mention it.

I just did the 35 foot travel trailer...UGH, looks great but takes a long time. I bought something that says it is for RV use. Looks like normal carnauba wax wax to me.

NuFinish is no joke even though detail snobs like to trash it. It is super long lasting and durable and has a good shine.

Will look at the spray. Used it years ago on other vehicles but not sure why I stopped. Typically after a trip I wash the front but don't rinse. The next day I come back and scrub the bugs off.

Good to know the caulking doesn't show that much.. I have disorder that makes it pop out to me. Thanks all.. defiantly didn't look this good when we bought it. Took a little sweat ok alot of sweat to clean it up and make everything work.

Originally Posted By: Chris B.
NuFinish is no joke even though detail snobs like to trash it. It is super long lasting and durable and has a good shine.

I agree I have used all kinds of wax and sealants and NuFinish just works! it does last great esp if you apply a second coat after 30 days and I really cant complain about the shine it is not a show car shine but looks just as good as many others that cost twice as much. Just don't get it on any black trim its not fun getting it off.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back