nuclear green color of GC

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hey guys, perhaps this is a silly question, but what causes the GC oil to have that "nuclear green" color? Is it just a dye like in RP? I was just playing with a quart I got and was curious as the green seems to only appear when you look at the oil from certain angles... I wonder if it glows under black light, that would be cool! omg im a freak!
grin.gif

Here's a pic for those who don't know what I'm referring to :

-

haha, one day a couple of us will go to an autozone at the same time trying to get some GC, you know its not going to end up pretty....

nono.gif

I've discovered the true secret to German Castrol. Italian Olive oil.

The color is identical to the Bertolli extra virgin olive oil I buy from Sams Club for under $3 per liter...

lol.gif

Same stuff that makes Schaeffer's look green just like GC .... Schaeffer's and GC even smell identical!!

quote:

Originally posted by cweed:
Hey guys, perhaps this is a silly question, but what causes the GC oil to have that "nuclear green" color? Is it just a dye like in RP? I was just playing with a quart I got and was curious as the green seems to only appear when you look at the oil from certain angles... I wonder if it glows under black light, that would be cool! omg im a freak!
grin.gif

Here's a pic for those who don't know what I'm referring to :

-

I'll bet if you put in some sparklies and maybe a little yellow dye then hit it with a black light, GC would make a great looking radioactive ooze for a Halloween horror scene.

A little off topic, but I was in an AutoZone in Kenosha, WI recently, & laughed when I saw the 1st bottle in the rack of GC 0W-30.

The seal on the cap was broken & some of the oil had seeped down around the neck. Somebody from BITOG evidently was "sniffing" the GC to verify the label!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back