nuclear green color of GC

Hey guys, perhaps this is a silly question, but what causes the GC oil to have that "nuclear green" color? Is it just a dye like in RP? I was just playing with a quart I got and was curious as the green seems to only appear when you look at the oil from certain angles... I wonder if it glows under black light, that would be cool! omg im a freak! [Big Grin] Here's a pic for those who don't know what I'm referring to :  -

cweed

haha, one day a couple of us will go to an autozone at the same time trying to get some GC, you know its not going to end up pretty.... [No no]

I've discovered the true secret to German Castrol. Italian Olive oil. The color is identical to the Bertolli extra virgin olive oil I buy from Sams Club for under $3 per liter... [LOL!]

Same stuff that makes Schaeffer's look green just like GC .... Schaeffer's and GC even smell identical!!
quote:
Originally posted by cweed: Hey guys, perhaps this is a silly question, but what causes the GC oil to have that "nuclear green" color? Is it just a dye like in RP? I was just playing with a quart I got and was curious as the green seems to only appear when you look at the oil from certain angles... I wonder if it glows under black light, that would be cool! omg im a freak! [Big Grin] Here's a pic for those who don't know what I'm referring to :  -

I'll bet if you put in some sparklies and maybe a little yellow dye then hit it with a black light, GC would make a great looking radioactive ooze for a Halloween horror scene.

A little off topic, but I was in an AutoZone in Kenosha, WI recently, & laughed when I saw the 1st bottle in the rack of GC 0W-30. The seal on the cap was broken & some of the oil had seeped down around the neck. Somebody from BITOG evidently was "sniffing" the GC to verify the label!