NSFBitog

Status
Not open for further replies.
Originally Posted by jcartwright99
Do you think this customer knows they need to change it and can't afford it, or is it they just don't care? When people are struggling financially, car maintenance usually is the first thing to get cut.

Just doesn't care, would be my guess.
Why spend money if it's working just fine.
Driver was well dressed/car was clean.
The OLM had never been enabled/turned off.
When OLMs were introduced my industry thought it a death knell.
They were a blessing in disguise.

Similar case but much older car, has anyone seen the guy on youtube that flushed an engine with a gallon of dollar store degreaser with a quart of oil? He did that 5 times or so then filled with 4 quarts of oil and a quart of MMO. It was a Nissan quest I believe and it was in much worse shape than this car, the sludge had basically solidified in several places.

It's a great watch. BTW, not suggesting that for this vehicle. I think this engine can be salvaged.

Originally Posted by jayjr1105
Similar case but much older car, has anyone seen the guy on youtube that flushed an engine with a gallon of dollar store degreaser with a quart of oil? He did that 5 times or so then filled with 4 quarts of oil and a quart of MMO. It was a Nissan quest I believe and it was in much worse shape than this car, the sludge had basically solidified in several places.

It's a great watch. BTW, not suggesting that for this vehicle. I think this engine can be salvaged.

I have saw that guy yes. Dont know how much junk it cleanses out of the vehicle though

Here's a head gasket from this morning.

HGASKET.jpg

I have met people who lease cars and only change the oil when the oil/check engine light comes on to pass inspection and/or before they turn it back in. Makes you wonder.

Originally Posted by Kage860
I have met people who lease cars and only change the oil when the oil/check engine light comes on to pass inspection and/or before they turn it back in. Makes you wonder.

With full synthetic oil, that's not even that terrible. Inspection is 1 time per year and what's the national average for miles in a year? 13,000? Far from the sludgefest the OP is sharing with us.

Originally Posted by jayjr1105
Originally Posted by Kage860

With full synthetic oil, that's not even that terrible. Inspection is 1 time per year and what's the national average for miles in a year? 13,000? Far from the sludgefest the OP is sharing with us.

This^^^ I know these people too. Based on this thread, if I had to offer an abbreviated set of recommendations to them it would be: 1.) Try to keep the oil level somewhere between the MAX/MIN marks on the dipstick. 2.) Take it somewhere once a year for an oil change. 3.) Pay the extra for the synthetic oil.

Here's another bad one from today.
No details on how long or what oil as it was
the 1st time we have serviced this vehicle.
It's a Purolator 15436 or equivalent.
GM 2.2L Ecotec.

5436.jpg

Good grief that's one ugly looking cartridge. Ugh. I can't imagine the valvetrain or bottom end look much better. Easy to understand why pics taken for your protection.

I love looking at these pics for some reason. It's like a car accident I can't look away from.

Originally Posted by Ursatdx
Here's another bad one from today.
No details on how long or what oil as it was
the 1st time we have serviced this vehicle.
It's a Purolator 15436 or equivalent.
GM 2.2L Ecotec.

37.gif
37.gif

Our special is a 2017 Nissan Rogue! 1 owner, clean carfax, and only 57k miles! We are looking to move this off the lot for $1,000 under KBB! Why? Because at Jim Bob's, we care about YOU! This weekend only! You won't find a better deal than this!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back