Status
Not open for further replies.
Details
2017 Nissan Rouge 4 Cyl 2.5 FI
Current mileage 57830
Last oil change 20858
36972 mile OCI
Sunoco Full Syn 0w20 API SN Plus Dexos1 Gen 2
PrimeGuard POF4612 My filter was removed.

The 1st sign of the extended OCI was the completely blocked oil fill port.
Please notice the hole I had to poke through the sludge in order to refill the engine.
Engine was quiet with no audible indications of damage.

FILTER1.jpg

FILTER2.jpg

FILTER3.jpg

OIL FILL1.jpg

OIL FINGER.jpg

Why do people do this level of neglect? That's just nuts.

What's the procedure for reversing this mess? Assuming the engine isn't actually damaged. Just conventional oil changes every 1K with some seafoam, diesel, or MMO?

Originally Posted by jayjr1105
What's the procedure for reversing this mess? Assuming the engine isn't actually damaged. Just conventional oil changes every 1K with some seafoam, diesel, or MMO?

I don't believe this would be reversible

At this point, the best way to even get close to "reversing" this (and that's not even talking about the mechanical damage done, just the sludge buildup), would be to removed the valve covers and oil pan and clean them out.

Originally Posted by ZeeOSix

I think mostly things like this "just happen " because the car is in the hands someone for whom car maintenance just isn't on their radar. I've known plenty of people who've never cracked open an owner's and don't care to. Too busy, too distracted, uninformed as a car owner, etc., etc.. If I has to guess, I would say there was a first owner that had the car serviced at least minimally and then a second owner who just recently discovered that the car needed to be serviced at all! Anyone else care to guess?

Originally Posted by Sayjac
Wow, you are two for two with the posting of OF anecdotes off extremely neglected vehicles. Not sure your line work, linked thread* seemed to imply customer cars? In any case, folks driving/owning these vehicles simply don't care. I wonder what their places of residence look like. SMH.

https://www.bobistheoilguy.com/forums/ubbthreads.php/topics/5244922/1

I own/operate a Quick Lube. 35 years and this one was one of the worst I've seen.
Pics are tough without embarrassing the driver.
I took these for documentation and limit liability.
And to share with BITOG, of course.

So you filled this thing, threw on a filter and sent them on their way? I'd love to see a progress pic in a few weeks/months.

Originally Posted by Ursatdx
...Pics are tough without embarrassing the driver....
Maybe the driver/owner wasn't the only or full time owner. However if they are/were perhaps some embarrassment not a bad thing, but I understand it's a customer. I doubt would register much anyway.

Originally Posted by jayjr1105
So you filled this thing, threw on a filter and sent them on their way? I'd love to see a progress pic in a few weeks/months.

What would you have done?

Originally Posted by spasm3
What was the previous fill of oil? Do you know, or was this a new customer?

Sunoco Full Syn 0w20 API SN Plus Dexos1 Gen 2
PrimeGuard POF4612 My filter was removed.

See 1st post

Let's pretend it had 3 7500 mi OCIs with the last one done at a 20k mile service or something. Blaming mental health is so trendy, but someone bought that heap and gave a [censored] about it at one point, why stop? Depression. Either that or a gift car that was taken for granted, or the recipient moved it far away from the person who paid for it.

Originally Posted by maxdustington
Let's pretend it had 3 7500 mi OCIs with the last one done at a 20k mile service or something. Blaming mental health is so trendy, but someone bought that heap and gave a [censored] about it at one point, why stop? Depression. Either that or a gift car that was taken for granted, or the recipient moved it far away from the person who paid for it.

CarFax shows 3 services.
1) Dealer Inspection 1400 +/- miles.
2) 20k done at my center
3) 57k done at my center, removed my filter.

My guess is it's the original owner and does not understand/care about the need
for preventative maintenance. Nothing more/nothing less.

Well, if it doesn't blow up, a whole bunch of really short OCIs seems to be in order. I think it would likely be nearly impossible to clean without at least a partial engine teardown, and even then there would be no guarantees. Maybe time for a trade-in??
27.gif

Originally Posted by bullwinkle
Well, if it doesn't blow up, a whole bunch of really short OCIs seems to be in order. I think it would likely be nearly impossible to clean without at least a partial engine teardown, and even then there would be no guarantees. Maybe time for a trade-in??
27.gif

Ya, one owner, clean carfax, CPO

Originally Posted by Ursatdx
Originally Posted by maxdustington

CarFax shows 3 services.
1) Dealer Inspection 1400 +/- miles.
2) 20k done at my center
3) 57k done at my center, removed my filter.

My guess is it's the original owner and does not understand/care about the need
for preventative maintenance. Nothing more/nothing less.

Ahhhh... insider info! Yeah, that dealer inspection was probably just pencil whipping of a pre sale check list. No oil change there. Was probably a loaner car. Oil changes at 20k and 57k, maybe when the oil light came on?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back