Now that I know about reaction scores I am obsessed.

I've been married going on 38 years and have successfully perfected the non-committal grunts and noises while not listening to my wife drone on about insignificant subjects. She is always telling me that I am not listening. I vehemently deny this slur on my character. Today I made a point of maintaining eye contact and clearly annunciating responses to her conversational drivel. She didn't last 5 minutes before she became suspicious and wandered away. So I sometimes actually give a thumbs up or other reaction to a post but not very often. Therefore I believe there should be a weighting score to reaction scores. The first should be worth a lot and the next million should be worth nothing. Everybody then could hoard that treasure while others try to charm it away from them. Just a thought.

I've been married going on 38 years and have successfully perfected the non-committal grunts and noises while not listening to my wife drone on about insignificant subjects. She is always telling me that I am not listening. I vehemently deny this slur on my character. Today I made a point of maintaining eye contact and clearly annunciating responses to her conversational drivel. She didn't last 5 minutes before she became suspicious and wandered away. So I sometimes actually give a thumbs up or other reaction to a post but not very often. Therefore I believe there should be a weighting score to reaction scores. The first should be worth a lot and the next million should be worth nothing. Everybody then could hoard that treasure while others try to charm it away from them. Just a thought.
My wife has started to quiz me. LOL. She was telling me the other day how the nephews of a woman she works with visited their aunt's house and they are rowdy and broke a chair. The woman wants to have the chair repaired because it was her father's and has sentimental value.

Well, I think you're on the right track. I think BITOG should arrange psychological assessments for us all, and then our "reactions" would be weighted by the moderators based on our personalities. The legendary Pop_Rivit was before your time here, but if, for example, he had ever hypothetically awarded me a "LIKE" or responded positively to one of my posts, I might have earned, say, 500 points right there. ;)

The legendary Pop_Rivit was before your time here, but if, for example, he had ever hypothetically awarded me a "LIKE" or responded positively to one of my posts, I might have earned, say, 500 points right there. ;)
LOL! So true. Getting a non-condescending reply from Pop_Rivit was as likely as hitting the lottery.

I honestly miss him and his high horse.

Back