Now Telsa is the worlds largest....

UncleDave

$100 Site Donor 2024
single operator of electric filling stations in one swift move.

Now they can profit off every BEV and subsidize their own product concurrently.

It seems like a business decisition as long as the chargers are compatible.
That's the thing, Tesla is like Apple going their own way of design, so anyone wanting to use the SuperCharger needs to build to Tesla's spec and likely will be paying Tesla for it.

This is akin to race car driver saying he always finishes on the podium in a 3-car race.

For the other guys yes.

Name another single owner of this much monetizable charging infrastructure already in place
  • Tesla (TSLA +5.2%) has confirmed to Norwegian officials that it plans to openthe Supercharger network to other automakers by September 2022.

Norway is a market that matters?

Norway is the "California" of global EV uptick.

Norway is the "California" of global EV uptick.
Or more like the Maryland…. By gdp at least. ;)
D9E15408-33D3-4746-AFD6-8B2B893ED45F.jpg

Tesla drivers gonna have to wait your turn as I fill in my Prius, and I enjoy makin you wait as I dawdle around about it. 😄

Tesla drivers gonna have to wait your turn as I fill in my Prius, and I enjoy makin you wait as I dawdle around about it. 😄
Says the guy with a Prius. Before EVs, the "hate" for this car was almost as fervent. :LOL:

Norway has a huge contingent of electrical vehicles. 70% of all vehicles sold in Norway in 2020 were EVs. So yes it matters.
Norway has an economy the size of Maryland. Not even Michigan or Virginia, let alone California or Germany.

So while penetration may be high, it’s hardly a large economy or market.

Not a bad news story all the same, but not like it’s happening on Germany or USA.

It's so much easier to accomplish this in global markets where Tesla have already added a standard CCS Combo 2 plug (at right side of image) to Superchargers (for the Model 3/Y) to supplement their proprietary AC/DC use of the Mennekes plug (left side) for older Teslas, the S and X.

Tesla's original design still used in N.A. was certainly elegant but standards matter and from a practical perspective vertically-larger plugs more easily support heavy cables.

440px-Eu-tesla-supercharger-dual-cable-outlet-iec-type-2-notched-ccs-combo-2.jpg

Norway has an economy the size of Maryland. Not even Michigan or Virginia, let alone California or Germany.

So while penetration may be high, it’s hardly a large economy or market.

Not a bad news story all the same, but not like it’s happening on Germany or USA.

guessing that hell open up a % of existing stalls to 3rd parties and keep something like 80/20 for his own fleet - maybe not, Im curious to see.

I believe Norway has the highest % of BEV's of any country which makes it the logical place to start - one he gets the formula - its a flip of the switch to move everyone else over.

Im super curious to see if the advanced features like plug availability make it to third parties.

Back