Now Michigan.. snow storm

Well.. Looks like Michigan is getting its turn for a winter storm!! All winter season it has been going around us, not this time! I wonder how much we will really get, will it be the amount the local weather forecasters say?? Hmm...

They got our forecast right this time around.

1643812921728.jpg

We're predicted for 9 inches here. To get an accurate guess on snow, you have to divide by 3 or 4 ... at least here in NY.

So we're planning on 3 or 2-1/4 inches of snow.

ya I just was thinking of the snomageddon they called it on tv.. thought I'd post, since I was dying laughing on the floor.. yup michigan.. snow.. winter.. lol :) but what is odd, this is the BIGGEST snow we've seen around michigan this season.. that's a bit lower than normal.

Big whoop seriously 🤣😂

The media is hilarious! We had more snow when we were kids. Snow drifts as high as our house. Nowadays it's just a bunch of hype.

Big whoop seriously 🤣😂

The media is hilarious! We had more snow when we were kids. Snow drifts as high as our house. Nowadays it's just a bunch of hype.

and that's exactly why I posted.. wanted to see how MUCH hype the media did this one.. And yes I'm laughing at it.. we did have more snow as kids, that's true..

The weather forecasters are predicting the Pittsburgh PA area will get hit with an ice storm starting tomorrow because the ground is going to be below freezing but the air above is going to be above the melting temperature in it will rain down and freeze on the ground. And they're saying that they will not be able to pre-treat the roads because initially it's going to be rain enough to washaway any salt. If we really do get a ice storm they'll be plenty of idiots driving around on tires that can't handle it going faster than they should be going and wrecking their vehicles.

The weather forecasters are predicting the Pittsburgh PA area will get hit with an ice storm starting tomorrow because the ground is going to be below freezing but the air above is going to be above the melting temperature in it will rain down and fries on the ground. And they're saying that they will not be able to pre-treat the roads because initially it's going to be rain enough to washaway any salt. If we really do get a ice storm they'll be plenty of idiots driving around on tires that can't handle it going faster than they should be going and wrecking their vehicles.
ouch.. hope you don't lose power!! but that's what happens here, beginning of the season, the first snow/ice all the poorly maintained vehicles crash and all of a sudden you see a lot less of the ghetto cars on the road. Happens every year.

The weather P in forecasters are predicting the Pittsburgh PA area will get hit with an ice storm starting tomorrow because the ground is going to be below freezing but the air above is going to be above the melting temperature in it will rain down and fries on the ground. And they're saying that they will not be able to pre-treat the roads because initially it's going to be rain enough to washaway any salt. Anyhow if we really do get a ice storm they'll be plenty of idiots driving around on tires that can't handle it going faster than they should be going and wrecking their vehicles
ouch.. hope you don't lose power!! but that's what happens here, beginning of the season, the first snow/ice all the poorly maintained vehicles crash and all of a sudden you see a lot less of the ghetto cars on the road. Happens every year.
The tow truck drivers won't be able to keep up.

I have always thought...

Winter storm forecasting separates the men from the boys and girls from the women.

Forecast models are a very helpful tool.

But human insights and instincts, knowledge of local climatology matter a whole whole lot too.

I have seen some really down right dumb winter storm forecasts in my area.

And I have seen many very good forecasts too.

It's the people that make the difference.

well looks like the local media was over estimating (hype?) the snow around here, we got about 8-9" in mid-michigan. They were saying 6-10 so I guess they were estimating right? hmm.. don't know and no I'm not defending any media, I think the mainstream is all suspect in telling a side of a story that's not balanced at all.. all one-sided.. anyway..

Back