Now I understand filter wipe-downs (Purolator)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Joined
Dec 5, 2009
Messages
28,089
Location
Regina, Saskatchewan, Canada
Originally Posted By: Mrsandman
My advise is use wix /napa gold or motorcraft, mopar or somthing for now until we know for sure that purolator is fixed.
See, you are very capable of providing sage advice without bashing the heck out of something, shilling something, or annoying or bashing everyone in the thread. And you can believe I'd love to be using Bosch Premiums again at $5 an example, without any tears.
 

ZeeOSix

$100 site donor 2022
Joined
Jul 22, 2010
Messages
33,614
Location
PNW
^^^ He'll eventually be banned if he keeps up his belligerent bashing ways.
 
Joined
Jun 23, 2014
Messages
3,236
Location
Phoenix, Arizona - USA
Originally Posted By: ZeeOSix
^^^ False "truth".
Originally Posted By: Noobie
These Puro hate threads are getting out of control. Either lots of guys here are crazy Fram fanboys (Just like teenage girls with their idols) or haters with an agenda.
It's normal for the majority of guys here to not like tearing oil filters ... it just so happened to be Purolators. If it would have been Fram, WIX, Mobil 1, Royal Purple, etc, etc ... the "hate" for them would be the same. Once a repetative failure like tearing media happens, 99% of the people don't care what the brand name is on the side of the can. The other 1% are blind fanboys. As far as the new Purolator line, I can see why there is some doubt. So until they prove themselves again, it's gonna be a long slow road to recovery for the guys who have a bad taste in their mouth for Purolator ... or is that PuroLATER.
Indeed.. I've noticed that Mrsandman's arguments very frequently turn in to Straw Man arguments.. instead of actually providing logical arguments to the original assertion. For those not knowing what it is.. look here: Straw Man Argument Perhaps a name change would be in order. Mrstrawman perhaps?
 
Joined
Jun 23, 2014
Messages
3,236
Location
Phoenix, Arizona - USA
Back to the meat of the thread.. I don't use Puro-branded filters, mainly because I find that there are better filters out there for the price range. I primarily use Motorcraft filters, and while I know they're made in a Puro factory, I consider them a different/better filter than Puro classic, and potentially on par with Pure One filters. That said, if someone gave me a Pure One filter, I'd probably run it. In regards to THIS particular filter, while I don't like the idea of letting paint flakes/chips get into my engine, I think the point the OP was making was more about 'wiping down' the filter before installing it. In this case, I think that if one were to carefully wipe down the base plate of this filter, and remove the paint bits, the filter would probably be okay to run. It would not, however be my first choice. If I had another, clean, filter on hand, I'd run that instead. Why introduce the possibility of paint flakes getting into your engine, if you have the option of another one without paint flakes?
 

ZeeOSix

$100 site donor 2022
Joined
Jul 22, 2010
Messages
33,614
Location
PNW
Originally Posted By: SirTanon
I've noticed that Mrsandman's arguments very frequently turn in to Straw Man arguments.. instead of actually providing logical arguments to the original assertion. For those not knowing what it is.. look here: Straw Man Argument Perhaps a name change would be in order. Mrstrawman perhaps?
LoL ... no doubt.
 
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top