Now Ford is interested in alliance with Nissan/Renault??

Status
Not open for further replies.
If ford partners up with nissan, then they will lose me as a customer. I hate nissan with a passion, only car company I hate more then nissan is toyota.

Wow, hatred over a car company; That's rich. Although I wouldn't buy a Ford, DC, or Chevy I don't hate the companies so much as I don't trust them anymore. When I was more youthfull and ideological I was a buy American type of guy. Then experience tought me that loyalty is suppossed to work both ways.
I do hope that Ford and GM can right themselves, iof they succeed they will have corrected their problems. If they fail that is the natural course.

Funny how tastes run the gammet....I'm not looking to US auto companies because they lost my trust years ago and continue to reinforce my decision through friends and family members that are currently having nighmarish ownership experiences. But, if I was a diehard American carmaker supporter, I'd sooner drive a Fusion than most anything in the GM stables. If GM was my hankering, it'd be a Saturn Sky or nothing at all. GM ruined Oldsmobile (from which I REALLY loved the original Aurora), Buick has never been my taste, and Pontiacs have always been plastic junk IMO. Cadillac...um, no. There just aren't options here for me, even though I have given them the benefit of the doubt by checking out the latest models. Few things from Detroit inspire me anymore.

MC5W20. I earnestly apologize if my forum name has contributed in any way to your feelings toward Nissan. You may be pleased to know that the oil dipstick on my new Mazda3 proudly states FoMoCo.
smile.gif

I hope you arn't hating companies like Nissan and Toyota because they are the outsiders selling cars in the US, eating away market shares of domestic automakers. I understand a lot of people in america buying domestic, thinking that they are supporting the economy of US and helping those companies stay afloat. You really think it's Nissan and Toyota to blame?

In the 80s and mostly 90s, Ford and GM did a good job of ruining their own reputation. That in turn, drove consumers to companies offering them what they seek. Although a lot has changed today, the damage has been done, but the american automakers has found the perfect solution, RUN! Sure, it'll make your cars cheaper, and cheaper, and cheaper.... but do they really have to?

While Ford and GM is busy moving to Mexico, China, Vietnam, and anywhere but US, cutting thousands of US jobs, Toyota, Honda, Nissan, now even Hyundai, has moved into the US, providing jobs to the americans whom are getting abandoned by Ford and GM.

While Ford and GM are struggling because their V8s aren't competitive in the modern age anymore, Toyota provides Ford with hybrid technology, and GM with cars like Vibe. Honda provides technology to GM to build cars like VUE. This is all happening while GM and Ford are moving out of US to make cars in foriegn countries, and shipping them back into the US to compete against cars made in the US, by Americans workers and engineers, paid by a company who doens't really have to be here. At the same time when these companies are trying to help, Ford and GM continues to focus on marketing, politics, and offering their legendary V8s to a America whose gas price has went over 3 dollars a gallon.

A few years ago, Toyota helped them by showing them exactly how they make cars, even set up a plant in CA to teach their engineers and managers industrial/manufacturing concepts like lean and tqm. This is wayyyyyy more than toyota's business.

My point is, hate on, buy domestic and support the Mexican, Chinese, Vietnamese economy, and provide GM and Ford with more funding to spend on moving OUT of US.

[ August 24, 2006, 08:37 PM: Message edited by: SSQ ]

"buy American?"

Well, I bought a 1978 Chevrolet Impala years ago in part to show how I proudly bought "American." Uh, it was made in Windsor, Ontario. Great car, those Canadians made. So good in fact, it convinced me to shop all the foreign makes before I buy any vehicle. So I have bought various companies' makes since.

Truly, Detroit has been its own worse enemy.

quote:

Originally posted by 9296D21B14:
MC5W20. I earnestly apologize if my forum name has contributed in any way to your feelings toward Nissan. You may be pleased to know that the oil dipstick on my new Mazda3 proudly states FoMoCo.
smile.gif

If i were to buy a new car, the mazda 3 would be my first choice. Gonna test drive one in a few months when the temps out here in AZ come down to comfortable level to stay outside for extended periods.

quote:

Originally posted by SSQ:
I hope you arn't hating companies like Nissan and Toyota because they are the outsiders selling cars in the US, eating away market shares of domestic automakers. I understand a lot of people in america buying domestic, thinking that they are supporting the economy of US and helping those companies stay afloat. You really think it's Nissan and Toyota to blame?

In the 80s and mostly 90s, Ford and GM did a good job of ruining their own reputation. That in turn, drove consumers to companies offering them what they seek. Although a lot has changed today, the damage has been done, but the american automakers has found the perfect solution, RUN! Sure, it'll make your cars cheaper, and cheaper, and cheaper.... but do they really have to?

While Ford and GM is busy moving to Mexico, China, Vietnam, and anywhere but US, cutting thousands of US jobs, Toyota, Honda, Nissan, now even Hyundai, has moved into the US, providing jobs to the americans whom are getting abandoned by Ford and GM.

While Ford and GM are struggling because their V8s aren't competitive in the modern age anymore, Toyota provides Ford with hybrid technology, and GM with cars like Vibe. Honda provides technology to GM to build cars like VUE. This is all happening while GM and Ford are moving out of US to make cars in foriegn countries, and shipping them back into the US to compete against cars made in the US, by Americans workers and engineers, paid by a company who doens't really have to be here. At the same time when these companies are trying to help, Ford and GM continues to focus on marketing, politics, and offering their legendary V8s to a America whose gas price has went over 3 dollars a gallon.

A few years ago, Toyota helped them by showing them exactly how they make cars, even set up a plant in CA to teach their engineers and managers industrial/manufacturing concepts like lean and tqm. This is wayyyyyy more than toyota's business.

My point is, hate on, buy domestic and support the Mexican, Chinese, Vietnamese economy, and provide GM and Ford with more funding to spend on moving OUT of US.

While I can't blame you for how you feel, but this is just stupidity on your part. Your argument is deeply flawed and you are just guessing at what my problem is with these companies, you are way off base. I can take your words and use them against you if you wanted to debate this over a beer. You have a simple mind and only see things as they have been told to you. When you learn to think independantly and can form your own thoughts - then and only then - will you see the folly of your ways.

I hate nissan because of several reasons. But the biggest reason why I hate them is because they make junk. The only vehicles I have ever seen needing more parts or maintenance then Nissans are old beaters with over 200k. I hope this clarifies it for the people who wish to jump to conclusions and think they "know it all". I have shopped the foreign competition and this is why I will never buy a toyota or nissan. Ford partners with a dispicable company like Nissan and I won't buy one of their product.

So you know it all?
Is that the conclusion we should make?
some mechanic in AZ is the holy grail of automobile-dom?
More like DUMB.

Worked on every single type of car under the sun, huh?

And Nissan's need more maintenance than Ford's? I've owned both and that just isn't true.
How about a newer BMW? Those are maintenance nightmares.
How many of those have you been under the hood of?
How about an FD3S RX-7? Wanna talk about those?

Research the Ford Taurus SHO EGR...

And I bet the $500 included labor and a new factory part that the shop overcharged you for.
tis the way of the world.
Did they use the infamous "my price on that is...", like they were giving it to you for their cost? My old boss used to do that. He was a real peice of work, or whatever other 4-letter word fits...

Love my Nissan. 92 with almost 200K on it. Most reliable and affordable car I've ever owned.

For the same reason that 3-year-old Oldsmobile / Pontiac / Chevrolet 3.1 V6s needed a new intake manifold..it's called design flaws, and all makes and models have them from time to time.

I drive a Nissan now because of how badly and how often my American cars failed me, so if you want to talk about unjustified repairs, I'll write you a grocery list for my 85 Olds and my 97 Ranger.

If you dislike them because you consider their products junk, then yes, I am way off base. And since you seem to know everything, with a "simple mind" like me, I should not be arguing over this. These Japanese automakers, when will they ever learn to build quality cars?!

Where did I get these ideas of mine? Well, I did do my engineering internship at a company who supplies transmissions and superchargers to various automakers, more than one of whom are american. Did somebody tell me these things? no. But it was pretty obvious.

Any by the way, words like stupidity and simple mind directed to others usually comes from people with such qualities.

[ August 25, 2006, 01:23 PM: Message edited by: SSQ ]

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back