Now Ford is interested in alliance with Nissan/Renault??

Status
Not open for further replies.
Eh, my opinion based on my random observations and limited personal experience is that Nissans are one of the most reliable out there. But parts for things other than domestic tend to run high. Take it for what it's worth. All my domestic cars have trouble with EGRs, but that is probably a function of bad gas more than anything. They just get clogged with carbon and need to be cleaned out. On the other hand, I don't think I've ever heard of a Nissan with head or intake gasket trouble!

I'm just wondering why Ford doesn't just expand it's partnerships with Mazda and Volvo?

Current vehicle: 2005 Dodge Grand Caravan, 28500 miles, purchased new one year ago. It has been in for two factory recalls AND has been in to replace a faulty muffler, a bad tie-rod end, and a faulty door. Continues to have electrical "glitches". Uses one half to one quart of oil in 1600 miles. Told Chrysler does not see this as "excessive".

Next vehicle: Honda Odyssey or Toyota Sienna.

I like many cars from almost all of the auto manufactures, import and domestic.
I like Fords also ,but no one has more egr related problems than ford.

NO ONE.
I work in a shop and cant count how many dpfe sensors and vacum solenoids on fords i replace each month.
Many of these cars also require egr port cleaning when replacing these parts.
Most of these jobs are easy to do if you know what you are doing ,but most of these people coming into the shop have no clue so they end up spending $450 or more for these repairs.

Many customers come in for a simple $25 emission test thinking that engine light wont make them fail and end up leaving spending $450 plus cause ford has ****y egr systems.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back