Now for a little insanity

Wow! As someone who flys for a living and likes to go boating, that is really disheartening. That looks like careless and reckless operation of a vessel. Looks like the boat captain needs to be issued a ticket at the very least..

Look at the size of that lake. And we still manage to get on each other’s nerves. Road trips, general aviation etc. Its all the same. Sad.

Reactions: GON
I hope whoever took the video turned it over to the authorities and the boat captain is enjoying a large fine and increased insurance premiums, if not more.

Maybe the boatman is a local and the airman represents Yuppies moving in? Stay off my bay!
They BOTH get to be 'entitled' and BOTH get to be 'victims'. Everybody wins!

Taildragger: I thought it was the prop hitting the wake.

I think a minor prop water strike is generally acceptable, as long as RPM is not suddenly reduced. Any incident that requires a prop repair is a prop strike. Water certainly can damage a prop, but I am guessing in this case, with relatively low RPM and flat pitch, there was little load on the prop.

What an idiot. Not sure where the pilot was displacement taxiing to but I'm guessing it was a no wake zone, otherwise once he's up on the step the boat would be left in the dust. I also love how the boater thought a hull was any match for a prop, even at idle.

Back