November car sales

Status
Not open for further replies.
Interesting numbers. Kudos to Chrysler and Subaru for both posting 20%+ gains over November 2013. The Honda CR-V and Subaru Outback post the second fastest time to sell, at 11 days (fastest, at 10 days, were the Mustang, WRX, and a Porsche). The CR-V jumps ahead of the Camry as the best selling car, at over 32,000 units sold in November 2014.

Top-10 slots:

Honda (3)
Ford (2)
Toyota (2)
GM (2)
Ram (1)

Overall, a 4.6% increase over last November.

from USAToday

Not surprised about the success of the CR-V. After last Winter in the NorthEast, a lot of people I know are saying "next car I buy, AWD". (Yes I know some are 2WD). Some of my friends have already made good on this promise.

Apparently Toyota wants to sell Rav 4s to folks who want Camrys. They sold a 4WD version of the Camry, in a wagon body, in Europe, but not here. Go figure. Now the Rav is as big as the last Forrunner and the new version of that is a TANK.

Originally Posted By: HerrStig
Apparently Toyota wants to sell Rav 4s to folks who want Camrys. They sold a 4WD version of the Camry, in a wagon body, in Europe, but not here. Go figure. Now the Rav is as big as the last Forrunner and the new version of that is a TANK.

I'd buy a Rav 4. FWD, not AWD, but I'd still buy one!

Originally Posted By: Miller88

I'd buy a Rav 4. FWD, not AWD, but I'd still buy one!

I wouldn't mind the AWD. Of the prior version, though. "Everyone" hated the rear swing door, but it would open the "right" way in my driveway (house to the left of the vehicle). Ok, it might hit the jersey barriers in my driveway, but I'm not sure that a swing up door would naturally clear. The AWD has a "lock" button (of sorts) (not a true center diff lock but close enough), the 2.5 is no powerhouse but so far it seems to lack problems, as did the antiquated 4spd auto. And by now the prices ought to be coming down...

I liked the last generation of RAV a lot. Full sized spare, swing out rear hatch .. PLUS you still had the hole in the floor for a full sized spare!

I'm just not a huge fan of PDU driven AWD systems, especially when you can't replace one or two tires if needed.

I think a previous-generation 4 cyl AWD Rav would be a great little SUV! Even the current one is pretty good- port injection engine, Aisin transmission.

Having spent some time behind the wheel of a 2014 AWD CRV in the Colorado Rockies this summer, it isn't a surprise to me that they are selling well. The wife and I actually talked that if we were in the market for a small sport utility, that would be an excellent fit.

Originally Posted By: MNgopher
Having spent some time behind the wheel of a 2014 AWD CRV in the Colorado Rockies this summer, it isn't a surprise to me that they are selling well. The wife and I actually talked that if we were in the market for a small sport utility, that would be an excellent fit.

No pun intended?
smile.gif

The Camry wagon is called Venza.Civic wagon is CRV,Taurus wagon is Explorer,Dart wagon is Cherokee..

No one wants wagons in the USA except for the Outback which they marketed as a SUV. The rest barely sell.

The venza Not selling super well up here either gev some 2013 and many 2014 still on our local lot. Pricey (maybe?)some interior fit n' finish quality concerns.

I see the 2015 rav is mainly Canadian made now. I'm not paying 3 grand extra over a Forester for that. Though Still no CVT is a draw to many.
2015-toyota-venza_100474606_l.jpg

Last edited:
I miss the point on venzas. I changed tires on one and could only fit two of its monsterous 19" -ers in the way-back and the other two had to ride in the back seat. They wouldn't fit in plastic tire bags and I was worried they'd mark up the light tan leather.

What good is a SUV that barely hauls its own parts?

You can't call a station wagon a station wagon. You must be creative as in using the title SUV. Jacking it up helps, too. Even though it's called a utility vehicle you must not leave out the leather, adaptive cruise control, A/C with zoned climate control, Blue Tooth, multiple LED displays, OLM, TPMS, back up monitor, accident avoidance computer aided stability control, 29 airbags, heated/cooled seats with back massager, GPS navigation, voice activated e-mail, radar warning, Fast-Trac, Lo-Jack, insurance mileage monitor, NSA tracking module and on and on and on....

Originally Posted By: eljefino
What good is a SUV that barely hauls its own parts?

Hehe... good one.

Originally Posted By: NHGUY
The Camry wagon is called Venza.Civic wagon is CRV,Taurus wagon is Explorer,Dart wagon is Cherokee..

That's the manufacturers plan for sure, add $2k in parts and charge $10k more...

I looked at new CRVs prior to buying my RAV4... They are decent vehicles, but not for me. They have a CVT and a severely dated AWD system.

I have no idea where someone got the idea they are as big as a 4Runner, that is just bogus. Also, I'm really happy with the Canadian build quality. It is hands down better than our USA built Odyssey. I really wouldn't know it wasn't assembled in Japan if it wasn't on the door sticker.

IMO, the RAV4 deserves more sales than it is getting compared to the CRV.

No surprise. Ram's are selling well because of their price point, and a lot of truck buyers are waiting for the new F150 which you still really can't get.

Trucks as usual dominate the top 3. The number one F150 sells ~2x the number of the leading car (Camry or CRV).

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back