November 1st, 1955

Status
Not open for further replies.
On November 1st, 1955 the initial start of the War in Vietnam kicked off. Here's to all Vietnam veterans past and present from a GWOT Veteran, Welcome Home..

Originally Posted By: GumbyJarvis
On November 1st, 1955 the initial start of the War in Vietnam kicked off. Here's to all Vietnam veterans past and present from a GWOT Veteran, Welcome Home..

Thank you GumbyJarvis. 'Nam vet, class of '70-'71.

But I'll tell you, I'd give a lot to be young enough to serve with todays military people. You are part of the finest group of warriors our country has ever seen.

Thank you for your service.

Larry

11/1/55, is that when Ike sent in "advisors"? General Giap had already defeated the French Foreign Legion by then. Another case of the US backing the wrong team. Look how propping up the Diems worked out

The wrong path, is a well worn path this country walks. I will not applaud wrong sorry, It is not what I was taught.

Originally Posted By: CT8
The wrong path, is a well worn path this country walks. I will not applaud wrong sorry, It is not what I was taught.

Edit: not worth my time

Last edited:

Then leave us since we are wrong.

You don't have to agree with or support our country's decisions, but supporting troops and veterans past and present has nothing to do with those decisions.
you may not support a certain war, but please support the troops. That's all I have to say. I know far too many good men that are now gone and left their families, kids, and everything they loved doing what they did best.

Every male in my family since 1952 has served in the military.

Gumby,
I thought you were leaving the Army after you finish your enlistment ?

No one is asking you to applaud the politicians who chose that path.

But the veterans who served deserve your thanks.

If you're unable to distinguish between policy makers and instruments of policy, then I am sorry for your ignorance and myopia.

The plan was to stop the Red Bear from taking little countries one by one.
There's an old saying that a small leak can sink a great ship.

Originally Posted By: LT4 Vette

Gumby,
I thought you were leaving the Army after you finish your enlistment ?

I actually just hit my 2 year anniversary. In 2 years, 9 months were in support of OEF deployed. 5 months were OSUT IET, and 4 months were Gunnery training, I have switched brigades and battalions and I'm back to gunnery training. I do like this unit I am in now enough to where I may reenlist.
case in point,in a mere 2 years, I've deployed and I have earned my tanker boots, combat action badge, and both sets of spurs.

My first time in VN was in 1959 and I came out in Jan of 1975 the last time. I was spit upon by the people of my country more than once, most times coming through California on my way elsewhere.
Those who spat on me are now in congress running the country and knowing what is good for a military they never served in. The improved treatment of out military may be the result of a guilty conscience.
I do know that Vietnam vets are still looked upon in a different light than our current military, thanks to Stormin Norman.
This is not a political rant, just a statement of fact.

Smoky

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back