Not trolling, but all things being equal, why not just use SuperTech for everything?

Supertech in everything? Yup.... once I removed my "feelings" from the equation and realized this oil is every bit as good at the big players....

Great oil.... among many out there. Pick your poison I say...

Nope, we have three different engines in the FL's, from oldest to newest:
- C7 CAT
- Mercedes ~7L
- Cummins ISL

The ISL is actually the one that has the biggest difficulty starting in cold weather, even when it has been plugged-in all night.

The Kenworth has the Paccar (Cummins) PX-9.
OK, thanks!
I noticed on one of your other thread responses that you stated one was using synthetic 5w-40 and the other 15w-40. That could make a difference in one being easier to start. But you already know that!
I know nothing abut the Mercedes engine but from experience the CAT will use more fuel but will be more reliable than the Cummins.

Interestingly, the county here runs Delvac 1 5w-40 (or did) in the plow and salt trucks. Our local International dealer used to stock tons of it because that's where they bought it from. I haven't been in that shop since my buddy left for a foreman position managing a bus fleet, but I suspect that's still the case.
Cold starting temps?

Identical story except with Castrol and not for 35 years, but more like 6. I'll pay a few dollars to stick with what I know works, and if I get a rebate even better. I'd go M1 first before ST if I had to. Nothing wrong with ST, but I just don't want it for my applications. That said, I have tried other oils on and off, but my primary fill has been Castrol for a long time now.

I even pay the extra few bucks for EP but don't run extended intervals. 😱
What is the advantage of EP then?

OVERKILL

$100 Site Donor 2021
OK, thanks!
I noticed on one of your other thread responses that you stated one was using synthetic 5w-40 and the other 15w-40. That could make a difference in one being easier to start. But you already know that!
I know nothing abut the Mercedes engine but from experience the CAT will use more fuel but will be more reliable than the Cummins.

Yeah, the Cummins is hard to start even when it isn't even cold enough for the winter rating to matter. There's something wrong with that truck, been at the dealer multiple times for it. Grid heater works fine, block heater works fine, has fresh batteries, new starter...etc.

A few years ago , I ask, had anyone in here blown their engine up due to the oil they were using,,well it boiled down to about zero....very few of us have lost an engine due to oil failure,,,so imho, super tech oil is just fine...

What is the advantage of EP then?
I'm willing to pay 4 dollars for what might be a more stout oil. It's a feel good thing. I also have a strange application with a 1.4 turbo, tuned engine. Fuel dilution is a problem for me, along with high output on a hamster wheel sized engine.

Funny enough I had my pre winter change today and they only had M1 EP, so that's what in over the winter.