Not trolling, but all things being equal, why not just use SuperTech for everything?

I remember when you could an oil change using Supertech oil and a filter for less than $5 on my old 1994 Toyota Camry.

Now it cost $23 just for the oil and about $4 for the filter. Since I change my oil twice a year let's just say it's $25 per oil change.

Instead of doing this, I ended up with close to 100 free quarts of motor oil over the years thanks to the Rebates & Promotions section here at BITOG. I also invest in better quality filters at Amazon, Ebay, and Rockauto.

Everything gets delivered right to my door. I will probably save about 100 hours of my life from the unique misery of shopping at a Walmart. I also save about $1000 over the course of my life by not using a car to go to Walmart and back.

Let's say I do two oil changes every year and replace a Fram Extra Guard ($4.17) every other oil change.

The net cost is just two bucks and a little change!

I am now doing better than I did way back in the Clinton Era. Inflation adjusted I am looking at $2.09 in the year 2022 which is equal to only $1.05 in 1994.

I have saved nearly 80%! Plus a couple hours of free time every year. And here's the best part...

I get to put it all in my brokerage account!

Now if I keep doing this for 50 years and invest my $45 in annual savings in the S&P 500, I'll have nearly $53,000 by the time I'm 99.

So if you must know, I want to someday be the wealthiest centenarian on the planet. And the only way I can ever do this is if I never buy Supertech motor oil.
If you order online Walmart will ship it to your door for free which also allows you to not have to drive to the store or spending time in the store lol.

Then what is stopping you from using it if you see it is a competent oil?
Good question lol.

But my best answer would be because I've been using Mobil my whole life 🤷‍♂️ hard to break what you know. But I do use it in my mower and that says something becuase I dont particularly have a cheap mower and I want it to last too lol. ST has handled it flawlessly. I believe I used it in my mower as a pretext to try it in my vehicle sumps and can just never quite get myself to do it 🤦‍♂️

But after some wisdom from Mr. Overkill himself I think I will just keep on what I'm doing.

Last edited:
It wont be long before some sweet sub $2 per quart Duramax UOAs start rolling in and Supertech will be all but forgotten🤣🤣🤣

Did you forget your login for Ls1z?

Seems like you created this username only a couple of days after his last post on here, and you post the same unoriginal garbage.

If your purpose here is to troll me, I suspect you aren't going to last very long. I welcome being proven wrong however.
Sometimes (to quote someone a lot more insightful then me) “there is nothing new under the sun.”

I'm not sure who make PEAK 5w20 Synthetic, but if it's WPp, the Accent will be getting lot's of it in the foreseeable future. Pseudo SuperTech I guess.

Bought 24 qts for $3.xx per at my local Publix grocer

Last edited:
Back