Not Too Shabby 300k+

Finally had to change my valve cover gaskets. Just wanted to show off my engine a little bit. Not too shabby for over 300K, huh?

260K with Amsoil. The last 50 all over the board but going back to Amsoil OE after my Shell Gas and Truck run out.

I'm a believer in 3-5k OCI's. Of course being an early Lexus made in Japan didn't hurt anything, either.
thumbsup2.gif

Did break 2 of those coil clips but my Lexus Dealer has 2 of them for $10 each. Road trip...

IMG_3305.JPG

IMG_3306.JPG

Last edited:
Originally Posted by JTK
Super nice! I'm more impressed with the fact it's 300K miles and 22yrs old!

Tons and tons of Toyota/Lexus vehicles out there with even more miles than that.

Cams look great!

I'm shooting for 500K. Well, I'll move the marker after that to 750.

Wait, I might not live that long.
05.gif

Last edited:
Those original LS400s (IMO) revolutionized the automotive world. The dealer service was incredible and they never broke. I ran over something and tore a tire. The dealer flatbed towed it and replaced both rear tires for free, just because. The driving experience was either awesome, if you liked remarkably silent and smooth, or boring if you wanted to feel the road. But they sure did change the automotive landscape.

By far, exceedingly far, too infinity and beyond far, the best Investment I ever made. I wouldn't be surprised to see 1,000,000 miles with the way I service it.

If Molakule would get off his buttocks and make me some more fluids, I am confident it would go to the moon and back.
grin2.gif

The amount of varnish on one of the spark plug risers is significantly more than the others. Any idea what is different around that riser? Maybe a lack of oil spray, if this motor has under valve cover squirters...

Originally Posted by wwillson
The amount of varnish on one of the spark plug risers is significantly more than the others. Any idea what is different around that riser? Maybe a lack of oil spray, if this motor has under valve cover squirters...

3 of the spark plug gaskets were cracked and brittle. I don't remember which ones???? Is that a possibility? Really, they were all toast. Literally, LOL

Actually, your question may be out of my pay grade.

Ya one of my brothers has a boner for LS400's !! I think he's had 3 or 4 of them already !!

Last one was a '99 and I drove it 1800 miles from San Francisco(Dealer) to Oklahoma. BOY was that a fun road trip !!! Opening that sunroof on I-40 was AWESOME !!!

It was a nice one it was light power blue. Shame a moron in a H2 smashed into it in a target parking lot, Car got totaled out and he now drives a Escalade lol

Dave

Last edited:
Originally Posted by Gebo
...260K with Amsoil
I'm a believer in 3-5k OCI's.

Did I read that correctly? 3 - 5k OCIs with Amsoil?

I don't see the point in Amsoil OE. There are better oils at Walmart for less money. If you feel Amsoil is a top shelf oil and are willing to pay, get the Amsoil signature series.

Originally Posted by scurvy
Originally Posted by Gebo
...260K with Amsoil
I'm a believer in 3-5k OCI's.

Did I read that correctly? 3 - 5k OCIs with Amsoil?

Yes, never more than 5K.

Originally Posted by Kira
'Twas said above, "If Molakule would get off his buttocks and...".

Who's buttocks should he be on?

Molakule knows what I mean. I just wish he still formulated and sold his products.
I did and would still buy them in a heartbeat.

Originally Posted by Donald
I don't see the point in Amsoil OE. There are better oils at Walmart for less money. If you feel Amsoil is a top shelf oil and are willing to pay, get the Amsoil signature series.

LOL. We all have differing opinions. Probably 50% of my decision is to support the local dealer. You probably don't understand my logic as it is not logic.

3 to 5 thousand mile oil change intervals with Amsoil adds metals back to the engine FYI.

Back