Not really funny but interesting to me

I moved my brother from Moodus CT to Nashville TN. I put this mandarin orange on the bed of my truck in Moodus and forgot about it. It stayed there from CT to TN and then all the way home to FL. About 1600 miles or more.

PXL_20210106_011029574.jpg

So you never noticed it until back home in Florida? or did you just leave it there to see how long it could endure the ride?
We noticed it when we stopped for the night in VA. Then it became a game to see how long it would last. My nephews were very excited to know the status of the orange at every fuel/rest stop. It made a boring ride very slightly less boring :)

We noticed it when we stopped for the night in VA. Then it became a game to see how long it would last. My nephews were very excited to know the status of the orange at every fuel/rest stop. It made a boring ride very slightly less boring :)
You might have started a new thing. :giggle:

You just made your own Allstate commercial. Might want to look into that safe driving discount.Funny, there's actually oranges in the commercial at :31.

Funny story - thanks for sharing. I once drove across the 5 mile long Mackinaw bridge with the tailgate down and nothing blew out. I was shocked, embarrassed, and ashamed of my lapse of attention to detail. Knocked on wood and said a few prayers.

Mandarin got squishy, and stuck. You'll have nice print to remember it by with the slight acid.

It's close to the middle of the truck, you'd put it closer to the rear axle it would fall off in no time! (unless roads you drive on are silk!)

Last edited:
Back