Not Really A PDF File?

As I said at the beginning, I thought it might be prudent. You never know when something like this might come in handy.

It sounds like screen shots of your browser window might be the best answer.

On my Mac, I would select File-Print on the toolbar, and then use the PDF menu in the bottom left corner of the print window to save as a PDF. Not sure if this would work for you depending on system and whether the page somehow blocks the Print command.

It sounds like screen shots of your browser window might be the best answer.

On my Mac, I would select File-Print on the toolbar, and then use the PDF menu in the bottom left corner of the print window to save as a PDF. Not sure if this would work for you depending on system and whether the page somehow blocks the Print command.
With these "secured" documents, you can be 99.9% certain they are locked down hard. No printing, no copy and paste, etc, etc.

Surprised no one has suggested taking pictures of the document using a mobile phone.... :ROFLMAO:

With these "secured" documents, you can be 99.9% certain they are locked down hard. No printing, no copy and paste, etc, etc.

Surprised no one has suggested taking pictures of the document using a mobile phone.... :ROFLMAO:
No document will lock down the Print Screen ability or the snipping tool in Win 10 because they are native to the windows platform.
Taking a picture with a smartphone is OK, but will show pixels and will be of garbage quality when trying to print.

No document will lock down the Print Screen ability or the snipping tool in Win 10 because they are native to the windows platform.
I'm referring to the PDF level. Print-screen or snip tool just gives you a picture of a document and is of minimal value.

Taking a picture with a smartphone is OK, but will show pixels and will be of garbage quality when trying to print.
That was sarcasm...

How, and what can be captured depends on how the document was served. Things that can be seen or heard can be "ripped" in some fashion, albeit not always at full fidelity or in native format.

At the very least, some sort of screen capture is possible. That may be be limited in many ways, but sounds like it could suit the OP's purpose, as a reference, not a legal document.

Early versions of pdf.js, FIrefox's native renderer, ignored PDF permissions altogether, so restrictions on copying or printing would not have be an obstacle.

In truth, PDF permissions can be circumvented, and only deter those who aren't determined. But that's only if one can extract, or get a hold of the document.

But, to be considered legitimate, and legal, e-sign services like DocuSign aren't going to be serving simple PDF files, but rather rendering them in their cloud, and then generating the final PDF documents upon completion, for distribution.

Back