Not much left to do but bbq

Status
Not open for further replies.
I just started my new job two weeks ago but now they cut my hours down to 10 hours a week plus I have to be on standby 24/7. So there just isn't much left to do right now. I really like the Firehouse BBQ sauce I used this time. I was also feeding the neighbors. Everybody brought a side dish, a dessert, or booze. Cheers!

[Linked Image from i.postimg.cc]

I still get paid the same, minus OT. I average normally 20 hours OT per week. It's likely I'll get called back in for more hours once we start losing people due to calling in sick. I'm starting to think I should have stayed two more months on my previous assignment.

Originally Posted by Alfred_B
You were able to buy that much meat?

I have a standing order with ButcherBox. Once a month I get a largish shipment of various cuts of meat and also fish. They even throw in free bags of chicken wings with those orders. The meat quality is very good, no hormones or abx ever, and it's obviously convenient. I have an extra freezer in the garage and won't be running low on meet anytime soon.

I watched the 1982 one. While that and the 1951 movie are based on the novel Who Goes There, The Thing is not a remake of The Thing from Another World. The 2011 prequel is okay, but the Carpenter movie is my favorite. Can't beat that schlock! The shape-shifting monster is great, especially the spider head.

Originally Posted by vavavroom
I watched the 1982 one. While that and the 1951 movie are based on the novel Who Goes There, The Thing is not a remake of The Thing from Another World. The 2011 prequel is okay, but the Carpenter movie is my favorite. Can't beat that schlock! The shape-shifting monster is great, especially the spider head.

Nice grill out results there!!

Is the 1982 version of the movie the one with Kurt Russell? That's the only one I've ever watched, liked it a lot. Best line of the entire movie right here (1:01 on the time scale in the video clip below):

"I know you gentlemen have been through a lot, but if you find the time, I'd rather not spend the rest of this winter TIED TO THIS EFFING COUCH !!!"

Originally Posted by vavavroom
I just started my new job two weeks ago but now they cut my hours down to 10 hours a week plus I have to be on standby 24/7. So there just isn't much left to do right now. I really like the Firehouse BBQ sauce I used this time. I was also feeding the neighbors. Everybody brought a side dish, a dessert, or booze. Cheers!

Looks tastey.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back