Not happy with windshield installment

I was about to say Safelite. But, in my most recent interactions with them, they are trying hard to improve their image. No more crappy in-house glass, they’re installing FYG, PGW or Pilkington in many cases and they banned long knives.

the local guys working out of a beat up truck or van installing cheap glass scare me the most. At least you can sue Safelite if things go awry beyond resolution.
Safelite did an excellent job replacing the windshield on my Impala in their shop. The windshield seems as good as the original. It may depend on the owner of the franchise.

Or if your comprehensive coverage on your insurance is the full glass replacement with no deductible, let your insurer fix it for free. If they use something other than OEM and it fails in the future, they will have to replace it again at no cost to you.

In my previous location, you had to opt out of full glass replacement to save a very few dollars of premium, most everyone accepts it. To the insurer it is good policy and a safety issue to ensure that the cars it insures have windshields with no defects to interfere with driving.

Safelite did an excellent job replacing the windshield on my Impala in their shop. The windshield seems as good as the original. It may depend on the owner of the franchise.

Agreed. After the tint shop destroyed the defrost lines, they had safelite replaced it and I got a pilkington.

Not surprising it's very difficult to get decent quality of work at most auto repair shops today, I might add no matter how much you might pay.

Back