North Wlikesboro race weekend

I'm happy for North Wilkesboro. I've driven by that track many times and it was sad to see it abandoned.

Now I'd like to see racing at Rockingham again.
Although I can't confirm, I've heard Rockingham is getting a repave. It's too good of a track to go to pot. Like to see nascar back there as well.

My son has a friend with connections to 23X1 so he watched the race from Bubba's pit stall- and was standing beside him during the national anthem.

Anybody watching the open? Gragson just tried to knock the inside wall down 😮

Josh Berry and Ty Gibbs advance from the open to the all star event.

Track looked like it was eating up tires. I wonder if they have plans of repaving it. The best grip was where they re-paved or patched a few sections.

I absolutely love North Wilkesboro, but that was a total snooze-fest! Virtually no passing.

I think they need to repave and have some judicious use of traction compound. I'm pretty sure this is the track that created the term "being freight-trained on the outside". If they can make two lanes, this might become one of the best tracks on the circuit. Look at what the repave did for Bristol!

Personally I would rather them keep that surface as long as possible. The biggest issue I heard was not the tires, but the setup. Only Larson's team seemed to have it figured out, then again Larson can make a bad car look good. I liked watching everyone struggle to keep their cars under them. Darrell waltrip commented that maybe teams actually put too much wedge in and that might be making them tight off.

N. Wilkesboro needed this to be a competitive and exciting race….. it wasn’t! We’ll see what the geniuses in Nascars leadership can come up with next. Rockingham…I’m looking at you!

N. Wilkesboro needed this to be a competitive and exciting race….. it wasn’t! We’ll see what the geniuses in Nascars leadership can come up with next. Rockingham…I’m looking at you!
The mistake is virtually no practice. They need to be able to practice and get the setups dialed in. If more teams had similar setups to Larson's you'd probably have had better product on the track. But I agree with you on Rockingham. Another great track nascar should have never left.

Back