North Korea 'Expelling Nuclear Inspectors'

Status
Not open for further replies.
Originally Posted By: Badlees
This is not a good move for Korea.

It's a brilliant move. Now the world will bend over backwards AGAIN for them. We'll give them food and oil to let the inspectors back in.

They've done this for decades.

Their leaders all failed Kindergarten. They never could play nice or fairly.

Just imagine if they were real a threat. Us or most European countries could nuke them in a second.

Originally Posted By: Pete591

Just imagine if they were real a threat.

They are a real threat! They've successfully tested a nuclear weapon and just last week, test fired and intercontinental ballistic missile.

Take a good guess at who will buy this technology (that's the real reason they develop nuclear and missile technology, to sell it so Kim Jung Il can eat, drink, and pay for the best hookers in the world): Amanutjob.

If I was a betting man, I'd put money on it: Israel will strike Iran within a year. They did it with Iraq's nuclear/missile programs.

Last edited:
China will now help take care of NK. Now their interests are further enhanced with stability instead of their interests being furthered by letting insecurity and instability threaten our interests.

Kim will die some day. We're buying him off until then. When that occurs, the next leadership will be much more moderate.

If it were cheaper overall, he'd already be dead ..with billions of $$ and many lives lost in the process.

I thought Kim was training a couple of his brood in nutjob dictatorship diplomacy, or was that Castro, or both?
My impression his sons were at least as bad as him, like another version of Saddam's offspring, relative to the paternity.

Originally Posted By: Drew99GT
Originally Posted By: Badlees
This is not a good move for Korea.

It's a brilliant move. Now the world will bend over backwards AGAIN for them. We'll give them food and oil to let the inspectors back in.

They've done this for decades.

+1

Quote:
Kim will die some day. We're buying him off until then. When that occurs, the next leadership will be much more moderate.

Hasn't worked real well south of our borders.

Originally Posted By: Tempest
Quote:

Hasn't worked real well south of our borders.

The banana republics?
54.gif

Do those regimes threaten stability with nuclear weapons testing? Does the Dow dip when they rattle their banana at them?

Are you talking our 50 year embargo with Cuba??

What?

Originally Posted By: Tempest
Quote:
Are you talking our 50 year embargo with Cuba??

Yes.

Well, I'd say that we've managed to not buy off Castro over the term of the last 50 years ..and that he's lived an unusually long life.

Shame we can't buy sugar and cigars at the discount prices that others can. But that would upset our banana and sugar barons that got kicked out of Cuba
LOL.gif

Originally Posted By: Pete591
Their leaders all failed Kindergarten. They never could play nice or fairly.

Just imagine if they were real a threat. Us or most European countries could nuke them in a second.

"Most" European countries? How many European countries do you believe there are, and how many of them have nukes?

The UK and France have their own nuclear arsenal. Russia of the Russian Federation (most of which is located in Eurasia) is the third European country with nukes. Germany and Belgium store US nuclear weapons. That makes three European countries with their own nuclear weapons. Europe consists of about 50 countries.

Originally Posted By: Gary Allan
China will now help take care of NK. Now their interests are further enhanced with stability instead of their interests being furthered by letting insecurity and instability threaten our interests.

You'd be surprised. China has learned since the Stalin era that minding others' businesses aren't good ROI (return on investment). What China tell N.K. is that as long as N.K. doesn't mess around with its North Western neighbor it'll turn a blind eye.

Keeping US, Japan, and S.K. busy with a huge wart as a buffer is a good cheap defense strategy. N.K. knows not to mess with China as it is its own ally for the moment.

So what's the solution, since everyone is an economist and foreign policy expert these days?
grin2.gif

I assume that Kim has children, so probably one of his kids will replace him when he is gone, just like he replaced his father. Same ol' same ol' for North Korea, and same old nightmare for the North Korean people.

"That makes three European countries with their own nuclear weapons. Europe consists of about 50 countries"
---------------------------------------------------------------------------

Mori, the Irish have Atomic farts.

Don't ask me how I know.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back