North Carolina orders oil off store shelves!!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Wow! City Star flunked PQIA's July testing.
PQIA Test Results July 2011

Nice to see some follow-up by NC authorities. Kudos to both.
thankyou2.gif

Yup, NC actually polices oil on a state level. This came up before when they discovered Coastal 5w30 was actually 10w30.

100c viscosity was 3.01!! perhaps its a new thin is in oil for fuel economy! lol
I'm glad they removed this SB rated stuff from the shelves.

Last edited:
I was just joking with one of my buddies and telling him to use horse jive City Star in his new truck. I just sent him an email with the link........too funny.

Originally Posted By: sayjac
Some other states like Ohio, where that one gas/convenience store sells several of these losers, should do the same.

Ohio should do this, but under the current administration, it ain't gonna happen.
Wouldn't be business-friendly, ya know?
Too bad for the poor saps who end up with ruined beaters.

Originally Posted By: oilmaven
It's the same old story...why would anyone put this cr*p in their car in the first place? There IS one born every minute.

Because most people have no idea what api rating means. They see 5w 30 etc and its cheaper. Most people don't really know what the 5w 30 numbers mean.

Originally Posted By: tratman2000
it says high mileage formula on the bottle,does that mean that the oil itself has high miles on it already...

crackmeup2.gif

Nicely done.

Good for NC. Seems like the powers that be perhaps saw the PQIA Alert for City Star. Tom in NJ would be pleased to see this.

Some other states like Ohio, where that one gas/convenience store sells several of these losers, should do the same.

http://www.pqiamerica.com/citystar.htm

Ohio is one of the worst offenders. Higher likelihood of really [censored] quality gas in Ohio to (rust, water, etc.)

Good for NC. Seems like the powers that be perhaps saw the PQIA Alert for City Star. Tom in NJ would be pleased to see this.

grin.gif
grin2.gif
grin2.gif
grin2.gif
grin2.gif
grin2.gif

Tom NJ

Originally Posted By: d00df00d
Originally Posted By: tratman2000
it says high mileage formula on the bottle,does that mean that the oil itself has high miles on it already...

crackmeup2.gif

Nicely done.

That's its economy rating... The most miles per quart of any grocery store blend out there! Since most of the guys that dump this stuff in leave a cloud behind the old Dodge Omni...

Originally Posted By: Tom NJ

grin.gif
grin2.gif
grin2.gif
grin2.gif
grin2.gif
grin2.gif

Tom NJ

It's just nice to see someone with the power step up and say you're not selling this garbage here, protecting the unsuspecting and/or unknowledgeable consumer. I feel like the PQIA alert/results played a big part in this decision. So, kudos to both PQIA and NC here.

As said, now it be nice if other states followed suit. But, a step in the right direction nonetheless.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back