Noria

Status
Not open for further replies.
I didn't call I used the online feature and after ordering 2 books putting in the CC info. I pressed download a error msg. came up and had to reboot the computer. Has anyone else used this yet.
mad.gif
What happened to my order.
confused.gif

quote:

Originally posted by dropitby:
Nevermind I talked to Jim Fitch.
tongue.gif

You went right to the top.
smile.gif
I'm sure he took good care of you. BTW, mind telling us what books you ordered? If it's the $215 and 800-some-page-long automotive oil book we will want a review. I would love to buy that book, but the price is a bit high for me.

quote:

Originally posted by Pablo:
Is this book any good? Anything we haven't learned here?????

I purchased the "How to Select....." book. While it is good, I think the "Motor Oil Bible" is also good for beginners for less money.

The author was being so brand neutral as to leave a lot of gaps for the newbie. I think it would be helpful if he would have just named some of the best oil filters, for example.

I support our Sponsors, but I wish Mr. Fitch would name some names for the beginner.

I only mean this to be constructive.

I see so much confusion on OIL FILTERS (full flow), I wish Mr. Fitch would have named some specific brands. I totally agree with his premise, which is at odds with much of what I read on Bitog.

I do think the book is fine and I am hoping that like Terry Dyson has on some subjects, that Mr. Fitch will bring some sanity to the Bitog oil filter arguments.

I know you don't believe in expensive filters, Pablo, but I'm still trying to sort it out. I'm still popping for the high dollar synthetic media types.

I also believe Mr. Fitch made an excellent case for better full flow filtration than I've seen on this board. Like Haley10, I wish he had given us a clue as to which ones make the cut. I now see smaller particle filtration as more important than I did before purchasing and reading Mr. Fitch's book.

quote:

Originally posted by TallPaul:

quote:

Originally posted by dropitby:
Nevermind I talked to Jim Fitch.
tongue.gif

You went right to the top.
smile.gif
I'm sure he took good care of you. BTW, mind telling us what books you ordered? If it's the $215 and 800-some-page-long automotive oil book we will want a review. I would love to buy that book, but the price is a bit high for me.

WOW, $215 is quite high for a book...Should come with a couple of cases of your favorite oil,it would make the price tag a bit more palateable...

quote:

Originally posted by krholm:
I also believe Mr. Fitch made an excellent case for better full flow filtration than I've seen on this board. Like Haley10, I wish he had given us a clue as to which ones make the cut. I now see smaller particle filtration as more important than I did before purchasing and reading Mr. Fitch's book.

I might go out on a limb and guess...Amsoil, Mobil 1, and Purolator Pure 1 if you don't extend the oci too far. Some Euro filters, such as Mann also...

Let the flames begin.

Seriously, I would like to see the bitog full flow better/filter usless argument really proven against all else I have read.

I really do have an open mind on it, but I haven't seen scientific data to suggest the opposing view.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back