nonrefundable charges, credit card dispute?

Status
Not open for further replies.
When I bought two tickets to the Kennedy space center and two tickets for the space shuttle launch. All the tickets were $38 a piece. Well I found out now, that the two tickets for the space shuttle launch included admission into the visitor center. So now I have two extra tickets that I can't use at $38 a piece. but the website says it is nonrefundable. I thought about disputing it on my credit card. Is it possible on "nonrefundable" charges? If I called the ticket center, would they refund me the two extra tickets?

Call and explain. Politely ask for a refund. If they say it's non-refundable, ask them for what is called a "one time policy adjustment". If they still balk, say soemthing like "I'd rather not have to call my CC and backcharge to you guys". Trust me, they can refund if they want to.

Call your CC only when/if you can't get satisfaction from the vendor.

Originally Posted By: hate2work

Call and explain. Politely ask for a refund. If they say it's non-refundable, ask them for what is called a "one time policy adjustment". If they still balk, say soemthing like "I'd rather not have to call my CC and backcharge to you guys". Trust me, they can refund if they want to.

I just tried to call on the way to work this morning, I was on hold forever. The automated recording said they had a high volume of calls and had me leave a message for them to call me back. what is a "one time policy adjustment"?

Talk to your credit card. I once did that A+ Certification training course videos from CompTIA. It was try one for 30 days and if you don't return it they send you the rest for $500. Well I got the first DVD, watched maybe 10 minutes of it and determined it was pathetic and for the adults with a low IQ. I returned it the next day after having called them and received a confirmation.

Well at the end of the month I come home and BLAM there is a HUGE box on my doorstep. I open it and its the whole series and a receipt/billing slip showing a charge for $500.00. I contacted them multiple times and they gave me the run around saying they never received it etc etc can't return them, they are pressed to order they don't keep inventory blah blah.

Contacted Citi-Cards, told them what happened. They removed the charge, closed the card, expedited a new card, contacted CompTIA. Within two days, I had a guy who was scared and stuttering like crazy on the phone apologizing and sent me a BOX prepaid to take the stuff back!

Credit Card's are sometimes a good thing!

Originally Posted By: Johnny
I would call the ticket center and explain your situation.

I assumed the "nonrefundable" was for people who went to the space center. They didn't like it and wanted their money back. I just purchased unneeded extra tickets.

if they offer me a refund, but a $29 fee. does anyone think I should take it?

Originally Posted By: Cutehumor
Originally Posted By: hate2work

I just tried to call on the way to work this morning, I was on hold forever. The automated recording said they had a high volume of calls and had me leave a message for them to call me back. what is a "one time policy adjustment"?

It means that you are asking them to do you a favor and waive their non-refundable policy one time because you were confused when you bought the tickets.

I'm not so optimistic about a CC chargeback working if you ordered two sets of tickets and the company is living up to the terms of it's contract. If you go that route, be sure to show the credit card company how the ads or launch website were misleading or confusing.

Quote:
if they offer me a refund, but a $29 fee. does anyone think I should take it?

If that's a better deal than what you agreed to when you bought the tickets, yes.

Last edited:
I called them on my lunch break. They said I could mail them the printed tickets to them at a weird address. I checked with USPS.com, it doesn't seem like a legit address. They would give me a refund in 6-8 weeks.
crazy2.gif

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back