Non Name Brand Scooters

Status
Not open for further replies.
Originally Posted By: helix_rider
Originally Posted By: bigbird_1
Unless it's made by Honda, Yamaha, or Suzuki, it's [censored]!

Have to agree with Big Bird here. I've owned several different brands and have always gone back to Honda/Yamaha/Suzuki.
There's a guy across town that I know very well who has 27,000 miles (and still going) on a 49cc Honda Metropolitan. No engine work, just the usual tires, brake pad, belts, and rollers.

That's an amazing distance for a 49cc motor. I know fellow Honda Helix riders that have well over 100,000 miles on their scooters, but that's a Honda liquid-cooled 250.

I've never seen a 49cc Chinese scooter with very many miles on it. After 6-7k miles, they're usually done - if they make it that far.

I'm not trying do discourage anyone from buying a Chinese Scooter, but I would rather spend a little more and have one thats a lot better made and will last longer.
Besides, Honda Scooters come with an 'Unlimited Mileage' warranty period - how many others do that?

I think the life of the engine has a lot to do with maintance I own a Hitong 150cc gy6 powered scooter and it has close to 10k on it. I have never has to open the engine or had any major problems. I have changed the belt (tranny) and change the oil (amsoil) every 2k. Plus parts are super cheap. My scooter gets driven everyday, hard sometimes, sits out in the rain. I honestly can't complain about the scooter, plus I consume around $3 worth of gas a week. There is also a lot of aftermarket support and its cheap.

24K miles on my honda elite before it was wrecked, still running perfectly. 7k on my vino 125 which i hope will last decades.

Ive never seen a chinese scoot with any quality. The taiwan scoots are decent.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back