Non-API oil for TOYOTA?

Status
Not open for further replies.
How does this guy's under-valve-cover pic look to you guys? Not the result I'd want if I was "into" motor oil.

http://home.comcast.net/~sump/car_va...shot_close.jpg

Looking at his posts, it's questionable that English is his first language. I'll give him the benefit of the doubt.

Funny how he has only 2 catagories of things, either "the best" or "junk".

Auto-Union-

If you know he is not right, don't waste your effort to "assimulate" him to take on your perspectives/understandings.

Simply let him do things his way. Afterall: there are lots of morons out there who simply wouldn't listen to other people's comments or constructive critisms....

LOL! simply let him go my friend for he will never learn.

Quest

Auto-U, may I suggest that it might be a good idea to go back and put his comments in quotations? I wasn't paying attention well enough that you were quoting the guy, and I was beginning to develop a great big bad impression of YOU, before I figured out it wasn't YOU writing that section!

Too late. Do I seem like the Lexus-type anyway?
cheers.gif

Toyota engines seem to run very hot, particularly the V-6 models. I'd recommend an ACEA A5/B5 rated, PAO/Ester synthetic in these if you intend to run the maximum drain interval.

In particular I wouldn't run more than 10,000 miles between changes in the 1999-2001 V-6 engines without some oil analysis testing. These suffer from excessive nitration due to high cylinder head temps and poor crankcase scavenging and this rapidly depletes the TBN.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back