Noco Genius Boost Exposed!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.
This is the follow up to my other thread/review/tests. I promised pictures of the internals.

It appears we have 3 x 3.7v battery packs stacked on top of each other to achieve the 11.1v rating.

It's very well made in my opinion and is held together by 6 x T23 screws that appear to have some form of loctite on them. Soldering appears pretty strong too!

Previous Threads;

Testing with dead battery
http://www.bobistheoilguy.com/forums/ubb...vid#Post3521398

Testing with no battery in car
http://www.bobistheoilguy.com/forums/ubbthreads.php/topics/3521282/1

You can find just the videos here.

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCW3-N7IHEoxG6GKIfgMaf2g/videos

zmei9u.jpg

14lspdl.jpg

vyxu6b.jpg

w7ot5g.jpg

dw6rtz.jpg

1. not sure why you didn't add this to your other paid advertisement.

2. the pcmo isnt the right forum section.. but it certainly is the busiest section.

"paid advertisement"? He has been very fair and has been upfront with it and I think your characterization of his posting is off the mark.

I can not see the three cells. Are they rectangular or cylindrical?

Last edited:
Originally Posted By: Rand
1. not sure why you didn't add this to your other paid advertisement.

2. the pcmo isnt the right forum section.. but it certainly is the busiest section.

He said from the beginning he was not paid. Way to mischaracterize his effort.

Upfront? Had it not been for Rand's post in the first thread I would not been aware of how the transaction took place as there is no reference to it in the OP.

So as I read it I believe the characterization to be accurate. Compensation includes more than cash payment. A quid pro quo can be compensation.

Gotta love BITOG huh?

I like Noco chargers and asked them if i could get a unit to test specifically for this forum! They sent me the unit for free. I am not compensated in any way besides the fact that i get to keep the unit when i am done testing.

I thought i would be met with more open arms for such an awesome product, but BITOG never surprises.

Originally Posted By: 901Memphis
Gotta love BITOG huh?

I like Noco chargers and asked them if i could get a unit to test specifically for this forum! They sent me the unit for free. I am not compensated in any way besides the fact that i get to keep the unit when i am done testing.

I thought i would be met with more open arms for such an awesome product, but BITOG never surprises.

If you get to keep the unit then technically you are being compensated the price of the unit
wink.gif

I am not a mod, so I don't know if that makes you a "paid poster" or not, but it definitely does lend some credence to what Rand was digging at.

I would probably have PM'd a mod to ensure that this was OK prior to doing it, but if you have already done so then disregard my post.

I actually lost money for the review those darn little screwdrivers cost me $18 after tax and shipping from amazon! I wasn't sure at the time which size it was so I bought the set of 6, now I know it's a T23, it will probably be the only time it gets used.

Originally Posted By: 901Memphis
I actually lost money for the review those darn little screwdrivers cost me $18 after tax and shipping from amazon! I wasn't sure at the time which size it was so I bought the set of 6, now I know it's a T23, it will probably be the only time it gets used.
They come in handy to open cell phones that have been soaked for a thorough drying.
Don't ask how I know that.

Originally Posted By: NMBurb02
Originally Posted By: Vikas
I can not see the three cells. Are they rectangular or cylindrical?

The third picture is of the side of the battery pack. You can see three layers.
Ha! I thought that was the built-in flashlight!! So the batteries are prismatic and must be LiPolymer, correct?

I need new battery for my Camry even though it has still not asked for a jump start yet. It is only matter of temperature dropping before I know for sure it will need a jump. I am so tempted to just buy this and NOT buy the battery but that would be pretty brain-dead decision.

I was unable to find any definitive marking indicating they were Lithium polymer, but as you see in the picture, the battery pack consists of three individual rectangular soft packs combined together.

Originally Posted By: Vikas
Newegg no longer has the deal :-( I thought it was valid until Oct 31st.

Maybe they ran out of the # they could sell at that price. I bought mine a week ago or so and 3 more yesterday morning.
One I sold to a guy at work (he paid me cash to order it for him after I showed him mine) and two more for Christmas gifts.

619rFO4VuDL._SL1200_.jpg

Got this for $20 shipped! Instruction manual is completely worthless. Fortunately, there was video posted on Amazon. All the review on the Amazon feels like they were written by people who got this gratis.

I played with it yesterday inside the house and hooked up 12V bulb just to see if it will light it up.

Both the unit and packaging is very good. The clamps feel good in the hand but not sure if the plastic would survive many years or not. It is missing regular (or cigarette lighter) 12V out but for the price paid, I got a blazing hot deal. LED flashlight and the blinking red light are attention grabbing.

http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B00VTCV7KU

Very interesting didn't know you could get them so cheap, I'm guessing it lacks the safety features of the genius boost.

Let me know if it can start a car without the battery attached? I would buy one for 20 bux just to play with.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back