No-Spill coolant funnel at HF

Looks like HF now has their version (their brand) of the no spill coolant funnel kit...

Doesn't seem any cheaper than 'those' kits found on Amazon or eBay.

I've had ok luck disconnecting the top rad hose at the radiator, lifting it the 2 feet that I can, and then pouring antifreeze backwards through the engine until it dribbles out the open radiator nipple. Something about that extra bit of pressure head from the elevated hose.

I've had ok luck disconnecting the top rad hose at the radiator, lifting it the 2 feet that I can, and then pouring antifreeze backwards through the engine until it dribbles out the open radiator nipple. Something about that extra bit of pressure head from the elevated hose.
With my luck, disturbing a rad hose connection will cause a leak. It has happened to me before.

.....Doesn't seem any cheaper than 'those' kits found on Amazon or eBay.
"Currently the Lisle is < $26 on Amazon, so as I've read this subforum that has been the gold standard of this type funnel. That said, don't own one and grateful that on the Hondas, Toyotas and even Nissans I've done radiator/cooling system service on, never needed one.

Otoh, 2006 Equinox with the China made engine, what a pita to "try" to bleed air off. Ugh. It was in the extended family stable for a brief time and one of many reasons it was traded not too long after being acquired from a family member as a one owner vehicle. What a piece of junk. But the price was right and trade in number not bad towards the new vehicle.

If I was looking to buy one of these, the Lisle would be at the top of the list.

For those that think this is just a funnel. They use it to elevate the coolant in effort to rid the system of air. Helps burp the cooling system.

Course a simple used soda bottle with the bottom cut out does the same, for free.

Back