No sleep this weekend due to idiots

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm the last house on a long dirt road. I often get strange cars/bikes/people here. They passed 7 "No trespassing" signs.

Every night this weekend I have had at least 1 car a night wake us up at my gate. At least they didn't run through it this time.

Today I bought 6 bales of hay and blocked the rd about 1/4 mile away with it. Maybe they will get the hint now?

Originally Posted By: Red91
They'll probably drive around it. If there's a will, there's a way.
True. But what other choice do I have. I now have 2 gates before my house.

Really weird. Lost people? Drug runners? Thieves? Have you ever interacted with any of these folks passing through?

Originally Posted By: JHZR2
Really weird. Lost people? Drug runners? Thieves? Have you ever interacted with any of these folks passing through?
99% of them say they are looking for the Deep Creek Hot springs.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Deep_Creek_Hot_Springs

The street that my dirt road comes off of is called "Deep creek rd". But the hot springs are up in the mountains. Probly 10 or more miles away. You can take a Jeep trail to get there.

But not from my house. Must drive several miles farther down Deep creek rd to get to the Jeep trail. Most of the cars that show up at my house are not capable of taking the Jeep trail.

The Wikipedia thing shows the best route to Bowen Ranch.

Last night @ midnight it was ATV"S. 3 of them terrorizing the neighbor hood @ midnight. Doing Donuts at my gate.

The other 1% claim to be looking for a friends house somewhere near by. If they can supply a rd name I may be able to help them. If they can't then they are up to no good.

Short of building yourself a reputation as, "The crazy guy at the end of Deep Creek Rd.", I'm not sure. As far as I'm concerned, the people on the atv's doing donuts at your gate are subject to being shot at, and I'm by no means a violent person or gun enthusiast. If, though, they are trespassing and doing harm to your well being....bang bang. I'm not saying shoot them, just scare them.

Originally Posted By: 3800Series
Put up a big sign in the fence saying which 31st to go to get to the springs.
i put a nice one down on deep creek rd with directions and an arrow.it was gone in less than an hr

I think it is drug traffic, specifically folks looking for a good place to do them in groups.

I agree with Red91, I would post large "NO TRESPASSING
violators will be prosecuted to the full extent of the law"
signs with lighting if possible, I would also get guard dogs that are not afraid to bite if they enter your property, I also would get some shot gun blanks and fire them off when you hear these idiots on your property. I'm sick of these thugs who care nothing about others and do whatever they please. Time for some painful consequences for them.

If I didn't know better, I'd say you're living in rural south-east Missouri.
grin2.gif

Originally Posted By: Chris142
I'm the last house on a long dirt road. I often get strange cars/bikes/people here. They passed 7 "No trespassing" signs.

Every night this weekend I have had at least 1 car a night wake us up at my gate. At least they didn't run through it this time.

Today I bought 6 bales of hay and blocked the rd about 1/4 mile away with it. Maybe they will get the hint now?

All that trespassing occurs on your land? I know you have at least one gate, but is the land fenced in? Follow the trespassers to see where they are going and what they are doing.

Firing blanks out of the window may scare them, but it may also cause confrontation.

I'd be tempted to reinforce and rebuild the gates so nobody can get through them, and dig deep ditches on either side of the gate so anybody who tries to get round the gate gets stuck.
And just to be spiteful I'd buy several planks of 6x4 around 8-10 feet long and hammer hundreds and hundreds of nails into the planks. Paint em black to as to be invisible and leave them laying pointy side up, on the side of the gate closest to your house.
That way, IF they can get past/round the gate, they won't be getting very far past it..

Just be sure you are not the one who gets arrested, sad but true.

Many times that is exactly what happens in similar cases like this.

Good luck.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back