No pipe fittings on new radiator?

I've never seen this before and can't find anything about it. I bought this new radiator from someone who didn't end up needing. I opened the original box to find the transmission connections are some bubble or flare bolt and not the pipe like it's supposed to be. I even looked up the part number to make sure and it's direct replacement and even shows the right connectors. I bought various barbed fittings and none will fit it. Not sure if I should just give up and by another one. Old radiator on the right.

Attachments

• 20210604_195158.jpg
    20210604_195158.jpg
    102.1 KB · Views: 46
  • 20210604_195214_HDR.jpg
    20210604_195214_HDR.jpg
    131.2 KB · Views: 46
You may have to swap the proper one over. Are there a threaded bosses under those outlets?

The old ones don't come out unfortunately. Both rads have the connectors as a whole piece, can't remove them 🤔

That could be the issue. I wonder if they forgot to include it. Too bad there's no warranty. That's what I get for trying to save a buck

I am sure if you have a race or hydraulic shop in your area, bring both radiator and they can find you a solution.

I am sure if you have a race or hydraulic shop in your area, bring both radiator and they can find you a solution.
which might cost more than buying another radiator.

maybe thats why this someone didnt need it? he bought a second one?

I think I'm SOL here...what a dumb design, it makes it useless. Radiator #2 here I come!

Someone here might have a fitting they could send you. What's that radiator supposed to go in?

Back