No Pennzoil Ultra At Wal-Mart

Well, none at my local WM anyway.
It's been months since I have seen ANY PUP there. I even looked at all of the shelf stickers and I didn't see any shelf space for it. There wasn't anyone working in automotive to ask. I did see some qt. bottles of Pennzoil Euro oil.
Has WM discontinued PUP? :unsure:

I have never seen anything but PP at our Walmart
I had to get PUP online ... but it was noisy ...

Well, none at my local WM anyway.
It's been months since I have seen ANY PUP there. I even looked at all of the shelf stickers and I didn't see any shelf space for it. There wasn't anyone working in automotive to ask. I did see some qt. bottles of Pennzoil Euro oil.
Has WM discontinued PUP? :unsure:

It doesn't matter because I have 4 Jugs in my Stash.

I wonder why the 0w20 PUP is so much more expensive than 5w20 and 5w30....$64 for a 5 quart jug vs. $25?

Algorithm. The prices are set based on supply. 0W-20 replacement is apparently unobtainium right now. If my make allowed it or I was out of warranty I would be running 5W-20 right now.

I think you can only get it online.

This, I haven't seen it in-store in years. But you can buy it online and pick up in store with no shipping charge. Some stores will even bring it out to you in your car! I bought it when it was $20....

Last edited:
Order the PUP from Summit Racing on-line. It's always a fresh stock!!!!
I use the 5W/-20 PUP and am very satisfied.
My local Pep Boys showed stock from another store, placed order and it came in as the old Pennzoil Ultra!
Manufacture date was 2011 - understand oil is old, but that never saw my engine

I honestly wonder why Pennzoil even makes it anymore if they’re not going to make it easily available.
Availability by the manufacturer does not necessarily translate into shelf stock in stores. Wal Mart, for example, still has to order it, receive it at their distribution center, warehouse it, pull the order, ship it to the store, receive it there, and stock the shelf. All of this after deciding to devote shelf space to a low volume product, while said space could be dedicated to an oil that sells in much higher volume, generating more revenue, and probably more profit.
Not all that long ago, we could walk into a Mom and Pop parts store, and ask them to get us a product they might not normally keep in stock. In the instance of oil, and depending on when their next stock order may arrive due to need and the distributor's delivery schedule, you may have it in a few days or a few weeks. A couple of Wal Mart automotive managers have told me they could do that also, but with the availability from their website, why bother?
Order the PUP from Summit Racing on-line. It's always a fresh stock!!!!
Summit price matches, too. Free shipping at $100, so I always have my eye on something I want to pair with something I may need quickly.

Back