no oil use with penn. plat.

Status
Not open for further replies.
i used havoline 10w30,m1 5w30 and m1 10w30 in the 99 monte carlo that i gave my step-daughter and i would have too add a qt in between changes using the "chg oil soon" light which comes on around 4500+ miles. now,today when she came over i checked the oil level and it was still at the full level after over 2000 miles? so i asked her if she had to add any and she said no
confused.gif
. so i checked where i had recorded the oil/filter change and i had put some of my bogo stash of 10w30 pennzoil plat. in it
ooo.gif
i'm likin that alot cause maybe now i want have too worry about the level in between visits as much
grin.gif

heres an odd thing I noticed with PP, like your low usage..I don't lose any power when the A/C is on. Infact, since the car increases the RPM to compensate for the loss of power due to A/C is on, it seems a lot faster with the A/C ON! Just another one of those bizarre perks that keep racking up for me and my PP and S2000 filter..

yes, i'm still gonna check it, but maybe i won't have too worry as much. once a week should be fine, it was those not seeing her/car for 3 weeks that was worrying me in the past.but that is few and far between. also put the pennzoil in my solstice and z71

Quote:

Vtec - Pretty soon your car's gonna grow Platinum wings and you'll be able to fly above the traffic!
laugh.gif

Well, this falls in line with Pennzoil's strength which is predominantly tootin around town and this is no different. PP just reacts in more earnest in the low RPMs and since turning on the A/C upticks the rpms, it just works better when the A/C is on even more then it's normal zeal down low.

There are obviously other oils for screamin demon the RPMs that you are alluding to. no, only red bull has wings
laugh.gif
(merkava, joke was inserted there..if youre watching..)
laugh.gif

Last edited:
[quote
Well, this falls in line with Pennzoil's strength which is predominantly tootin around town and this is no different. PP just reacts in more earnest in the low RPMs and since turning on the A/C upticks the rpms, it just works better when the A/C is on even more then it's normal zeal down low.

I guess the smoke we are seeing again isn't coming from your tailpipe....

Quote:

[quote

I guess the smoke we are seeing again isn't coming from your tailpipe....

banana.gif

Quote:

heres an odd thing I noticed with PP, like your low usage..I don't lose any power when the A/C is on. Infact, since the car increases the RPM to compensate for the loss of power due to A/C is on, it seems a lot faster with the A/C ON! Just another one of those bizarre perks that keep racking up for me and my PP and S2000 filter..

What drugs are you on?
smirk.gif

actually I've seen the opposite occur while using the PENNZOIL PLATINUM 5w-30 in the 2000 PRIZM . Do a lot of stop and driving , but seems like less top offs when using just the dino . Maybe since the car had over 75,000 miles on it before the switch to synthetic it affected the seals or just too light
dunno.gif
. I may drain this batch soon and try out the VALVOLINE " High Mileage " syn blend in a 5w-30 that's only $11.97 for a gallon jug and see if that slows the consumption for next few oil changes .
confused.gif

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back