No oil pan filter for 99 Honda Passport?

Okay. Continuing the saga from another post; My lady friend finally got a '99 Honda Passport, which I know to be basically the same car as the Isuzu Rodeo. Before running to a mechanic I will be helping her defray cost by performing some service myself. But I'm kind of surprised at something....

Maybe I'm the world's biggest rock, but when I searched online and YouTube for a 1999 Honda Passport oil pan gasket and filter I don't get any results. Particularly if I search 1999 Honda Passport oil pan filter. So my question is, is there no such beast?

I mean that's a very simple search that in most any other circumstances provides a gazillion results, but if they are there I sure didn't see them.

If you know of it or find it could you please provide a link in your reply so my rock brain can follow it? I would appreciate it.
Thanks

If it is the transmission pan, those actually have two of them since the 4L30 is a weird concoction of an OD unit sitting in front of the 3 speed unit, or something like that. Either way, 2 pans, 2 gaskets, 1 filter.

There is no filter inside the oil pan other that the oil pump pickup screen.
Are you thinking of the tranny pan(ATF) filter?
OR is it that you CANNOT find an oil filter?
I'm not sure what you're referring to.
Oh geez. I guess I was having an old man brain fart 🤪 and I'm not even that old of an old man. Yeah no filter for the oil pan. Sorry. So stressed helping my ex-wife find this car I'm trying to arrange all the service. I confuse myself. I just want to drop the oil pan, clean it out, clean off the magnet and put it back.

The filter I'm thinking of is indeed the transmission's.

There's no magnet in the oil pan either. Removal of the engine oil pan is not a routine maintenance operation.

I would advise you to leave the oil pan alone. You will just make leaks when it is reinstalled. If you worry about sludge you can stick a wire inside the drain hole bent to scrape the bottom of the pan. If sludge exists in any thickness I would recommend you resell the vehicle. If the pan has sludge then the overhead camshafts and the oil feedlines have sludge, just walk away. Some years of Passports were bad about the gasket for the oil filter sticking so when you remove the oil filter make sure the gasket is removed also

You don't have to worry about that transmission filter :)

Since they were smart enough to include a drain plug, all you have to do is drain from the drain plug and refill with the same amount you took out.

What "service" are you intending to do ? What you're getting at isn't a normal maintenance item.
Well, I'm in my early 60s and I've had one new card my life and fir the rest used ones dropping that oil pan and cleaning it out and the magnets off and so on so forth was just something I've always done. Why and when I started I don't recall

I would advise you to leave the oil pan alone. You will just make leaks when it is reinstalled. If you worry about sludge you can stick a wire inside the drain hole bent to scrape the bottom of the pan. If sludge exists in any thickness I would recommend you resell the vehicle. If the pan has sludge then the overhead camshafts and the oil feedlines have sludge, just walk away. Some years of Passports were bad about the gasket for the oil filter sticking so when you remove the oil filter make sure the gasket is removed also

Thanks 👍 for the heads up on oil filter gasket, now I usually check but I'll make sure to be especially on the lookout for this one.

At this point unless the car turns out to be super crappy, walking away is not an option for a number of reasons. Not the least of which is the major pain in the patootie I went through helping my "frenemy" of an Ex find it. Not interested in going through that again.

I'm hoping there's no sludge as the guy I bought it from said that did you change the oil every 6 - 7k and used mobile one since he had it back at 126k. It's just a hair under 195k now.
So 🤞 going forward.

Back