No NOACK or HTHS data from Mobil1????!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Mobil's website (at the bottom of the PDS) shows Product Data Sheet revised 8/02. This must be the second batch!

quote:

Originally posted by sprintman:
Straight off Mobils web site. 0W40 HTHS 3.6, NOACK 8.8. cSt @ 100c 14.3, @40c 80, VI 187, Flash point 230, pote point yield stress cP/Pa @-40c 26000/strong>

Does anyone have the *precise URL* for this...? I looked under "resource library" on the mobil site and got no further than "file not found" message for mobil1 inquiries...

quote:

Originally posted by GeorgeCLS:
The Mobil Tech support site (800-662-4525) is staffed by lubrication engineers, most of whom have many years experience both field and product development, some involved in the devopment of the Mobil 1',s SHC series, etc.. You will not find a more knowledgeable bunch of lube engineers, IMHO.. All are STLE CLS..
George

I was searching for something else and ran across this post...I just have to comment. The other day, I and another poster both called this tech number to ask about VI improvers in Mobil 1. I was told that VI improvers are not used in ANY Mobil 1 grade. The other poster was told that all grades of Mobil 1 use some VI improver, but not much.

If the guy I spoke with was a lubrication engineer, I'm the Secretary General of the UN.
rolleyes.gif

I emailed them for SuperSyn NOACK data a couple weeks ago. The reply:

On Jan 29, 2003 Mobil Product Information wrote:

>Thank you for your inquiry.
>
>Sorry, NOACK numbers have not been published for the Mobil 1 engine oils.
>
>Technical Support Engineer (WJF)

No mention of whether the non-US data had any relevance.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back