No need to let a car warm up...

Mechanic in Florida??? Female dog, please…

My DD sleeps outside. I let it warm up long enough to melt the windshield.

Then get an ice scraper?
If it's that bad, a quick balling up of your light jacket and scrape across the window with any part that's not the zipper will suffice.

I don't know about an actual real snow storm where the snow is thick and Ice has formed but most of the time that will be enough.

Adequate oil supply happens but its not instantaneous when we
hit start it takes critical seconds for the oil to adequately flow during
cold start up... Roughly 60% of total engine wear occurs during cold
start up conditions before oil can circulate through the engine...
Oil flows 100% as per grade only upon reaching operating temp of 100C or 212F...

Last edited:
Adequate oil supply happens but its not instantaneous when we
hit start it takes critical seconds for the oil to adequately flow during
cold start up... Roughly 60% of total engine wear occurs during cold
start up conditions before oil can circulate through the engine...
Oil flows 100% as per grade only upon reaching operating temp of 100C or 212F...

'cept evil ole CAFE has made us all use 0W20 (and now 0W16!) in almost everything.

If it's that bad, a quick balling up of your light jacket and scrape across the window with any part that's not the zipper will suffice.

I don't know about an actual real snow storm where the snow is thick and Ice has formed but most of the time that will be enough.
I walked out to my car after work on Monday, and it was buried in so much snow, I actually wasn’t sure exactly where it was. ;)

I walked out to my car after work on Monday, and it was buried in so much snow, I actually wasn’t sure exactly where it was. ;)
Are you sure you didn't fall and some kind of hot tub and end up in a time machine back to the 90s are you certain? Because that sounds like when we actually had this thing called winter... winter for about the past seven years has been something like oh we got a dusting and maybe an inch out by the way it was 74 degrees in the third week of December and now he has a bunch of sleet.

Back