No More Salvage Yard Tail Lights For Me

I think I have found the problem. The tail lights WERE NOT MADE IN THE USA! :rolleyes:
New tail light on the left, old tail light on the right.

Attachments

• MEXICO1.jpg
    MEXICO1.jpg
    90.8 KB · Views: 15
  • MEXICO2.jpg
    MEXICO2.jpg
    166.6 KB · Views: 15
but your USA lights failed too :unsure:

Aftermarket tail lights from Taiwan might even be better than either OEM
The factory tail lights were NOT HENCHO EN USA.
It's a poor design by Ford. The tail light lens epoxy gets brittle after awhile and with the wind blowing onto the lens lip it eventually comes loose.
If you're lucky enough you can look in your mirror and see the lens flying into oblivion. I have been lucky twice. :rolleyes:
The new F150's from 09 and up now have a border around the lens. Ford knew they had a problem and fixed it.
I should have run a bead of SUPER GLUE around the lens edge.

Last edited:
It is not where was it made in that is the problem. Every single car I know regardless of where was it made do not have tail light falling off. The manufacturer screwed up the design and didn't fix them because it is 12 years since and long past warranty.

Again, all over the world has no problem, it is the design and the manufacturer not caring about it.

For whatever reason Ford seems to have difficulty with lamp assemblies, particularly on the rear of the vehicle. I've dealt with a leaky high mount brake light on every Ranger I've owned, condensation in tail lights, and high mount brake light issues on my Explorers. A lot of these are made by TruckLite, which has been around a while.

At this point unless there is water dripping inside the Ranger I don't worry about the high mount brake light. The neon piece of **** in the Explorer will get an LED unit made by Dorman whenever I feel like dealing with it (rivets and stuff).

It is not where was it made in that is the problem. Every single car I know regardless of where was it made do not have tail light falling off. The manufacturer screwed up the design and didn't fix them because it is 12 years since and long past warranty.

Again, all over the world has no problem, it is the design and the manufacturer not caring about it.
Go to my post in reply #63. Did I NOT state it was a factory defect?

I agree with your statement. But, had l done my research a bit better before buying my "MADE ALL OVER THE WORLD FORD" I probably wouldn't have bought it.
I'm a GUNG HO AMERICAN! (Well, 1/2 German as well) lf l can get a part made in the USA I will put out the money over something made in a 3rd world country! Unless, it's made in Germany! Those are some of the smartest people in the world! Heck, if my Ford truck were made in Germany instead of the USA, you bet your sweet *** l would have bought it, WITHOUT HESITATION!!

Attachments

• downloadfile.jpg
    downloadfile.jpg
    101.9 KB · Views: 1
  • 220px-Flag_of_Germany_(unoff).svg.jpg
    220px-Flag_of_Germany_(unoff).svg.jpg
    3.4 KB · Views: 2
Last edited:
Back